Need IPCT-HFW5831RE-I Info

sutomo

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,
I need more info on this camera : IPCT-HFW5831RE-I 8 MP (4K) IR Fixed Turret Network Camera.
Can I use Windows iVMS-4200 client program to view this camera?
Can I use regular Ethernet (non-PoE) with this camera?
Do you have the 2.8 mm version?
What and where can I get the mounting junction box?

Thanks,
Sutomo

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi,
I need more info on this camera : IPCT-HFW5831RE-I 8 MP (4K) IR Fixed Turret Network Camera.
Can I use Windows iVMS-4200 client program to view this camera?
Can I use regular Ethernet (non-PoE) with this camera?
Do you have the 2.8 mm version?
What and where can I get the mounting junction box?

Thanks,
Sutomo
Hi @sutomo,

You can use iVMS or any other Hikvision related desktop or mobile app. These cameras are rebranded Hikvision so operate identically to them. Just so you know, this particular camera does not need a browser plugin and will work in Chrome and Firefox.

You can also use non-POE with this camera as it offers a 12V option as well. If you do not use POE you need to power the camera by plugging it in to a power source like a wall outlet.

For mounting on junction boxes, you can use DS-1280ZJ-XS (also avail. from Nelly's)

Currently only our turrets and domes are 2.8mm while bullets are 4mm (besides our varifocal bullet). However, we have had some requests for 2.8 in these bullets and 4mm in the turrets so hopefully next batch will have multiple lens sizes to choose from, but I can't guarantee it just yet. Sorry.

The Hikvision model is DS-2CD2085G1-I and I have attached the spec sheet for you to check out.

Let me know if you have any further questions!

-Mike

Attachments

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

civic17

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Do you think this design style will attract spider webs more than the dahua turret styles?

sutomo

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi @sutomo,

You can use iVMS or any other Hikvision related desktop or mobile app. These cameras are rebranded Hikvision so operate identically to them. Just so you know, this particular camera does not need a browser plugin and will work in Chrome and Firefox.

You can also use non-POE with this camera as it offers a 12V option as well. If you do not use POE you need to power the camera by plugging it in to a power source like a wall outlet.

For mounting on junction boxes, you can use DS-1280ZJ-XS (also avail. from Nelly's)

Currently only our turrets and domes are 2.8mm while bullets are 4mm (besides our varifocal bullet). However, we have had some requests for 2.8 in these bullets and 4mm in the turrets so hopefully next batch will have multiple lens sizes to choose from, but I can't guarantee it just yet. Sorry.

The Hikvision model is DS-2CD2085G1-I and I have attached the spec sheet for you to check out.

Let me know if you have any further questions!

-Mike
Hi Mike,
Does thisIPCT-[URL='https://go.ipcamtalk.com/hfw5831re']HFW5831RE-I [/URL]camera have motion detection feature? Any iPhone app that can get alerts from this camera?

Thanks,
Sutomo

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
Do you think this design style will attract spider webs more than the dahua turret styles?
Not sure how I missed this, but typically turrets have less issues with spiderwebs. However, I've had this camera on my house for a little while now and haven't experienced any. But note that I installed it in the middle of winter and it's been below freezing ever since, so I haven't had spiderwebs on any of my cameras recently.

Hi Mike,
Does thisIPCT-HFW5831RE-I camera have motion detection feature? Any iPhone app that can get alerts from this camera?

Thanks,
Sutomo
Hi @sutomo,
The cameras have built in motion detection and recording via the onboard MicroSD or you can use an NVR (such as this IPCT one), Blue Iris, etc. You can record and also receive motion alerts from just 1 camera or from multiple. The Hik-Connect app will allow you to view live and recorded footage from the camera and there is also a web interface that you can login to from Chrome, Safari, Firefox, etc.

civic17

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi Mike, the built in motion detection does it have option to send out an email alert with a snapshot like the Dahua models?

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Mike, the built in motion detection does it have option to send out an email alert with a snapshot like the Dahua models?
Hi @civic17, there is an email setting in the camera but I have never used it. The preferred method is using the Hik-Connect app to receive a push notification to your mobile device. There are also other alert options with Blue Iris.

civic17

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks Mike. So even without HIKVISION NVR I can use the HIK-Connect app for the notification?