Need NVR with LPR firmware

Dahuacamcctv

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
DSS Express is the follow up for Smart PSS and is for free. DSS Pro you can buy licence, 128, 256 5000 channels, and seperate license for Face Recognition and ANPR.

128 Channel licensen about 2500 euro's for the end-customer (only pay once).
Where is the download link for dss express? I cant find it anywhere. @EMPIRETECANDY do you have it?

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
i asked, they said these nvr come with DSS device. Not open for downloading, the DSS Pro bit expensive to buy too.
@EMPIRETECANDY so to confirm Andy, Dahua is stating that if you want to use DSS Pro then you have to purchase the expensive license (about $2800 USD based on @Graatz EURO numbers he shared) however if you use the NVR it should include all thats needed for ANPR within the NVR ? My understanding from a cam perspective is that the ITC 215 (full HD with AI) do all of this work in camera and therefore you would need DSS Pro (and therefore the license) to use that one directly however if you go with an ITC 237 which is an ANPR camera with the Algorithm (but does not process vehicle detection / structuring in cam like the 215) then that can output to ANPR processing functionality on the NVR. Please correct where wrong. @Crazykiller maybe you can weigh in on this as well as I may be off in what requirements the NVR expects (along with license) before it can complete the processing vs the 215 fully in cam ? The ITC cam piece clearly being the biggest requirement but trying to understand the NVR needs as well. Thanks

Crazykiller

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@EMPIRETECANDY so to confirm Andy, Dahua is stating that if you want to use DSS Pro then you have to purchase the expensive license (about $2800 USD based on @Graatz EURO numbers he shared) however if you use the NVR it should include all thats needed for ANPR within the NVR ? My understanding from a cam perspective is that the ITC 215 (full HD with AI) do all of this work in camera and therefore you would need DSS Pro (and therefore the license) to use that one directly however if you go with an ITC 237 which is an ANPR camera with the Algorithm (but does not process vehicle detection / structuring in cam like the 215) then that can output to ANPR processing functionality on the NVR. Please correct where wrong. @Crazykiller maybe you can weigh in on this as well as I may be off in what requirements the NVR expects (along with license) before it can complete the processing vs the 215 fully in cam ? The ITC cam piece clearly being the biggest requirement but trying to understand the NVR needs as well. Thanks
Until it’s tested by a member or confirmed by Dahua, everything is guessing.
For my understanding the DSS Pro gives you Software based features for processing on own hardware.
With NVR it doesn’t matter if it’s the ITC215 OR ITC237, the processing is done by the cam. The 215 has more AI to recognize the vehicles, not only the plates like the 237. For me the 237 is the better choice because of the lens. Motorized lens of the 215 is nice, but 8m range is too short for me, so I’d prefer the 50mm lens with the 40m range. Also it’s meant to read plates until 60km/h and the 215 only 40km/h.
I think the only benefit of an NVR which has features for ANPR, Face Detection etc. is for configuring the cams from the NVR and have the possibility to search for such events.
The changed the naming of search to AI, but that doesn’t give AI abilities to the NVR, it only supports the AI features of the cam and you have the possibility to search for example for a specific color of a car, or if a person was male or had a mustache etc.
But for my understanding all processing is done by the corresponding cams.

Dahuacamcctv

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I can confirn that you need an anpr camera to use the nvr's anpr feature.