Need PTZ hikvision with wifi and smart tracking/auto tracking

trap3d

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
It is somewhere around that time, but I think it learns because mine seems to hang around for 10 seconds or so now in most instances.

But yes, autortrack PTZs once the tracking stops will either return to the preset it started at or with a VMS system you could tell it to go somewhere else.
I see some mentions to a VCA system, its another camera to trigger the ptz right?

trap3d

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I talked to hikvision support and they registered the issue and will report to R&D team.

trap3d

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
This was the response from hikvision support,

Thank you for your feedback
We have confirmed that the 5 seconds is fixed ,could not be changed.

We recommend you contact our local team to evaluate if can do some customized requirements.

trap3d

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I contacted first the hikvision international, then i contacted hikvision Iberia that includes Portugal(my country) and spain… the response was this:

Good morning:

Thank you for your e-mail.

As we announced on our website, Hikvision España only provides after-sales support to the official distribution channel in Spain and Portugal for professional services, not to units acquired by any other means, nor to end users or installers of the same.

https://www.hikvision.com/europe/

Please contact the company that supplied the product or your usual distributor to resolve the issue.”
I think that isn’t a fix for this…someone with a more expensive hikvision cam can also report this kind of behavior? Because we have at least 3 verions of hikvision tracking:

52A75634-B8EA-41F1-93B0-299EA8910F04.jpeg

Just to report that after some tweaking in the parameters the cam just work as I expected, i just needed more tracking time when a target stops…5 seconds sometimes isn’t enough if the target start moving again.

johnfitz

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Unfortunately this is the expected response from Hikvision but it’s ok as you have the camera working on your own.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah that should be decent. It is the correct MP/sensor ratio.

Domes are not recommended outside unless it is well protected from the elements. The big issue is that the domes will hold onto water droplets much longer than a turret or bullet and thus any dirt on it can then become problematic. And during a rain event, the camera is basically blind...

1642783958478.png

The domes attract lots of dust. Then rain. Then dirty rain spots. Glare from all angles of the sun. Then over time the sun will "fog" the dome like a car headlight.

So if you go that route, try to tuck it under an eave so it is somewhat protected.

trap3d

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yeah that should be decent. It is the correct MP/sensor ratio.

Domes are not recommended outside unless it is well protected from the elements. The big issue is that the domes will hold onto water droplets much longer than a turret or bullet and thus any dirt on it can then become problematic. And during a rain event, the camera is basically blind...

1642783958478.png

The domes attract lots of dust. Then rain. Then dirty rain spots. Glare from all angles of the sun. Then over time the sun will "fog" the dome like a car headlight.

So if you go that route, try to tuck it under an eave so it is somewhat protected.
[/QUOTE
You think that that camera is better than the other that i have? The ds-2de4A320iw-de?
I ask that because i only see the mention of darkfighter and i think that the camera not have IR light.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Darkfighter is simply a marketing term. If you do not have enough light, it will be blind. I wouldn't necessarily call this one a significant upgrade from what you have.