Need recommendation for wireless ip cameras?

avtech

n3wb
Reaction score
i am looking for wireless ip cameras that can work with hikvision NVR 7616 if anybody can recommend as i have no ideas at all if this is possible?
Thanks

avtech

n3wb
Reaction score
Sorry forget to mention i was looking for a bullet outdoor IP wireless camera.
also a recommended dealer in USA or Canada?
Thank you

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
What's the budget and description of use and mounting location?

avtech

n3wb
Reaction score
The budget is around $100-$150 and its for a detached large house with front garage/back door/and side mounting.
Very difficult install and thats why i need a reliable source for wireless ip cameras.

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
I haven't used a standalone wireless cam with an nvr to give a recommendation but two Ubiquiti Loco M2 Nanostations are under $100. In bridge mode the NVR will never see them and they'll act like a wire. They might complicate installation in a tough location but they'll allow the use of any wired bullet you want. If it wasn't an NVR installation you might even be able to use 1 Nano and beam a wired bullet at your wireless router. The bridge almost blows your budget and adds the complication of the Nano near your tricky camera location though.

avtech

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks again i will keep looking into it and or do a hard wired (in ground) around the property
a very big job indeed.

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
Trenching in your wires can get pretty expensive, but if it's just from one part of the house to another you MIGHT be able to tuck some burial grade Cat 5 in between your foundation and the dirt reasonably easily. It'd be fairly safe from the lawnmower right against the concrete as well. If you have vinyl siding, tucking a single cable into the edging and traveling around the house is usually quite simple.