Need recommendation on which Hikvision models to get

FLtechie

n3wb
Reaction score
I need 3 outdoor IP cameras for the following and am looking for model recommendations for each of the 3 locations. I prefer Hikvision and at least 4MP for better night vision.

Front door location: covered front door area is 8ft by 9ft. This would be ceiling or top side of wall mounted. Would like to also be able to see if there are packages sitting on the ground at the door.

Front balcony location: covered area to place a camera to look down from second level over the driveway and walkway leading to the front door. This would be ceiling mounted.

Rear covered patio location: Would like to be able to scan left, middle, right of the rear area of my house. I have HomeSeer automation and if possible would like to use motion sensors to tell the camera which direction to pan to. I am not very familiar with a setup like this, but would like to hear suggestions or how others are doing this.

Thank you!

FLtechie

n3wb
Reaction score
I spent more time reviewing the exterior of my home. Which model is recommended for under soffit mount to monitor the front door area from 25ft distance away in a straight-on line of sight to the door? I would like to be able to see packages sitting at the door and see faces when someone turns around and walks away from the front door. When leaving the door they would be walking straight toward this camera that's placed above in the soffit of the first floor roof line.

I also measured the distance from the second floor balcony location to the curb of the street. It's about 60ft. Is the DS-2CD2342WD-I Turret Dome 30m IR ideal for this? I like the EXIR option for night monitoring.

Thanks again for the help.

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
6mm turret for 25' to the front door. 3345 or 2342 depending on your aversion to unupgradeable Chinese cams.

What do you want to accomplish at 60' on the street? Guard one car/mailbox in a designated spot? Good chance to ID all passersby day or night? Cover the width of your property for activity but with little chance of IDing people except rough descriptions? Plates day or night of everything driving by?