Need Replacement Camera Recommendation

Cprince90

n3wb
Reaction score
I had a security company install the below equipment a few years back and I am constantly fighting the dreaded IR reflections at night due to these being dome cameras. I am having to disassemble and clean them every 2-3 weeks or the night picture gets so bad it's worthless.

DS-7608NI-Q2 NVR
(Qty 7) ECI-D14F4 POE Cameras

Based off what I read on the forums it looks like turret cameras are the better option for no light outside night time cameras? What do you guys recommend to upgrade to? At a minimum I would like for them to have the following:
PoE
Motion detection alerts
Good night time clarity
Audio if possible

All cameras are mounted outdoors under the roof easement. Most are roughly 10' high, one is 20' high.

Will replace the NVR if needed, budget is $250ish per camera.

Thanks for the help!

Ri22o

Known around here
Reaction score
Depending on desired/needed FOV and focal length, these are what is most recommended on here.

Cprince90

n3wb
Reaction score
Depending on desired/needed FOV and focal length, these are what is most recommended on here.

Will these work with the Hikvision NVR, or will i need to change it also?

trempa92

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
If you have hikvision nvr id rather go with hikvision camers due to having access to smart events. Using any other will only allow events that onvif from both parties have.

Fairly decent camera that have built in microphone and dual color availability.

Last edited:

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I had a security company install the below equipment a few years back and I am constantly fighting the dreaded IR reflections at night due to these being dome cameras. I am having to disassemble and clean them every 2-3 weeks or the night picture gets so bad it's worthless.

DS-7608NI-Q2 NVR
(Qty 7) ECI-D14F4 POE Cameras

Based off what I read on the forums it looks like turret cameras are the better option for no light outside night time cameras? What do you guys recommend to upgrade to? At a minimum I would like for them to have the following:
PoE
Motion detection alerts
Good night time clarity
Audio if possible

All cameras are mounted outdoors under the roof easement. Most are roughly 10' high, one is 20' high.

Will replace the NVR if needed, budget is $250ish per camera.

Thanks for the help!
Hi @Cprince90

Issue : I had a security company install the below equipment a few years back and I am constantly fighting the dreaded IR reflections at night due to these being dome cameras.
Reply : yes, probably due to dome cameras as the UV and heat will damage the dome and seal around the lens .. thus creating IR bounce back issues ..

Issue : All cameras are mounted outdoors under the roof easement. Most are roughly 10' high, one is 20' high.
Reply : Cameras are mounted rather high for good ID purposes .. you'll have to decide if that still works for you, and for the 20' high one you may want a different model as that is only good for an overview or looking further away from the house if it has a stronger lens.

Issue: Current cameras have small sensors .. 4MP resolution and 1/3" sensor
Reply : look for larger sensor models

Summary: Look for a Turret or Bullet Hikvision OEM cameras which have larger sensors .. 4MP 1/1.8" seems to be a good option for many here.

update: also please double check if the NVR specs I posted below are correct for your NVR .. if so, then you will have to keep an eye on your bandwidth limits

ECI-D14F2
ECI-D14F2(2.8mm)(B)
ECI-D14F4(4mm)(B)
1/3" progressive scan CMOS

1709578517451.png

NVR .. quick search turned up this NVR .. which seems it can easily hit it's bandwidth limits ..

DS-7608NI-Q2/8P
8-ch 1U 8 PoE 4K NVR
Up to 1-ch @ 8MP or 5-ch @ 1080P decoding capacity
Up to 80 Mbps incoming bandwidth
Incoming Bandwidth 80 Mbps
Outgoing Bandwidth 80 Mbps

1709579146293.png

Attachments

Last edited:

trempa92

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I wouldnt go 8MP on 1/1.8 but 4, other than that yes hybrid is good but its more expensive.

trempa92

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Idk maybe I'm blind but on your link i see 1/1.8 for 8MP version as well on 4MP same sensor. Is the datasheet wrong? If you got any other info please let me know

trempa92

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I believe hikvision have only special series with 8MP on 1/1.2 and hybrid serie isnt one of them

lane777smith

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score