Need some advice SD22A204TN-GNI vs. 22204TNI

James Bond

n3wb
Reaction score
Looking for some advice, deferring to those more knowledgeable on this forum. I need a small ptz, and both of these seem to be what I am looking for based on size. Yes, they are domes, but need them for this install. The 204TN-GN appears to be an updated version of the 204TN-GN, which reached EOL 04/30/17. Not sure of the release date on the 204TNI, but I believe its fairly recent. The only difference I can see is the illumination (GNI is Color: 0.05Lux@F1.6; B/W: 0.005Lux@F1.6) (TNI is Color: 0.005 lux
B&W: 0.0005 lux)

Not a lot of sites that appear to carry the 22204TNI, but Andy has the SD22A204TN-GNI. He believes the ones he has is the GNI, but he says Dahua is still labeling it GN (Not GNI). Not sure if the ones he has is Starlight, but looking at the specs, it does not appear to be as sensitive as the TNI.

Difference in price between the TNI (B&H) and the GN or GNI (Andy) is about $100. The difference is money is not huge, but don't want to make a choice of going with the lower price and regretting it later.

What is your opinions on this? What way would you go? Also, another upvote for Andy, bought some other cameras from him. Super nice, good price and fast shipping.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Looking for some advice, deferring to those more knowledgeable on this forum. I need a small ptz, and both of these seem to be what I am looking for based on size. Yes, they are domes, but need them for this install. The 204TN-GN appears to be an updated version of the 204TN-GN, which reached EOL 04/30/17. Not sure of the release date on the 204TNI, but I believe its fairly recent. The only difference I can see is the illumination (GNI is Color: 0.05Lux@F1.6; B/W: 0.005Lux@F1.6) (TNI is Color: 0.005 lux
B&W: 0.0005 lux)

Not a lot of sites that appear to carry the 22204TNI, but Andy has the SD22A204TN-GNI. He believes the ones he has is the GNI, but he says Dahua is still labeling it GN (Not GNI). Not sure if the ones he has is Starlight, but looking at the specs, it does not appear to be as sensitive as the TNI.

Difference in price between the TNI (B&H) and the GN or GNI (Andy) is about $100. The difference is money is not huge, but don't want to make a choice of going with the lower price and regretting it later.

What is your opinions on this? What way would you go? Also, another upvote for Andy, bought some other cameras from him. Super nice, good price and fast shipping.
understand that none of these have built in IR...dahua has newer starlight mini dome ptz cameras with ir. Review-Dahua SD1A203T-GN Starlight Mini PTZ