need some help iding a cemera

Reaction score
I need some help IDing a IP camera I can't for the life of me remember the brand and I need to reset it and set it back up it has been in a box for a couple years I am hoping someone can help me out on this I went so far as to open it up but there are no brands or anything on the PCB

Attachments

eggsan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Reaction score
Here is a photo of the board I can get better if needed there is a setup button on the power wire but I don't think it does a reset.

look a like a rebranded Chinese generic camera. Probably, you will need to disassembly the camera in order to locate the reset pin. Usually is reset by grounding the pin next to the +vcc pin, located in the main board. A photo could help in order to identify the board type

Attachments

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Could that be a reset button next to the female 12VDC power jack on the cam's pigtail?

EDIT: you posted right before I did about the button on the pigtail.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It is labeld setup on the button but it has no effect when used i have tried holdinh when powering up and pressing with it powered on
I take it that the cam doesn't come up with an IP that shows up in your router's DHCP and/or no IR LED's come on, etc.

Reaction score
well got it setup and connected to the network but I am guessing the Cameral sensor is shot from storage as this is all that it shows
1651120077860.png

eggsan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Not necessarily the same brand/model, but could provide some info

eggsan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
you could also try the following reset procedure (AP mode using phone):

Q8: How to connect the camera with AP mode if 'Add My Device (recommended) can't connect the camera to my phone?

A8: Press the reset button three times in a row to enter AP mode, then connect your phone to a wifi hotspot begins with 'camera_', the password of the hotspot is '1234567890', then click 'Add My Device(AP mode) when connecting the camera to your phone.
Edit: it looks like the only way to reset this camera is through wifi connection, using AP mode. Remember to keep the camera connected (wired) to your router during this procedure

Last edited: