Need some help setting up EseeCloud with Wi-Fi Cameras

IP Man

n3wb
Reaction score
EDIT: I solved the problem by installing an Android emulator on my PC.

Thanks everyone for your input! :)

Greetings,

I recently purchased two Dekco Wi-Fi cameras (DC4L) and would like to be able to stream the video to my PC instead of just to my phone. I installed EseeCloud software but can't get it to recognize the cameras. I also can't access the cameras using the IP address in a web browser. It doesn't have a static IP address. Is that the problem?

I used the xfinity router interface to determine the IP address associated with the Camera's MAC address. The IP address is in the format: 10.0.0.x, which apparently is the private IP address range that is commonly used for home and office networks. I was able to ping it without any problem.

Does the IP address need to be static and in the range of 192.168.0.0 - 192.168.255.255?

I'm using the user name of admin and password of admin.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Last edited:

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
These cameras that you scan a QR code with their app or type in a UID or serial number in their app use only P2P protocol and work only with their cloud server and their app. When you get TWO cams for $60, you don't get much.

TL;DR: they are likely not going to stream to Blue Iris or VLC, etc.

An excerpt from Q & A on amazon:

Q: Can I access the live stream from the camera over rtsp or rtsm protocol? I would like to use it with a media encoder/server.
A: Dear customer, Hello, due to the consideration of data security, we currently only support local Micro SD card storage and private encryption cloud storage

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

tech_junkie

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Greetings,

I recently purchased two Dekco Wi-Fi cameras (DC4L) and would like to be able to stream the video to my PC instead of just to my phone. I installed EseeCloud software but can't get it to recognize the cameras. I also can't access the cameras using the IP address in a web browser. It doesn't have a static IP address. Is that the problem?

I used the xfinity router interface to determine the IP address associated with the Camera's MAC address. The IP address is in the format: 10.0.0.x, which apparently is the private IP address range that is commonly used for home and office networks. I was able to ping it without any problem.

Does the IP address need to be static and in the range of 192.168.0.0 - 192.168.255.255?

I'm using the user name of admin and password of admin.

Thanks in advance for any help!
Shouldn't have to do any changes to your networking except to make sure the isolate wireless networking is turned off. Otherwise, it wouldn't see it.

A good program that will help you look at your network is Colasoft Mac Scanner: MAC Scanner, Free MAC Address Scanner - Colasoft

If you don't see your cameras, then we will look at other things,

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Just to make sure, try this:
  • Insure you can still ping the cam's IP.
  • Install Fing on your smartphone.
  • Insure the phone is on the same WLAN / LAN as the PC you could ping the cam from.
  • In Fing, run a scan and find that cam, recognized by the known IP.
  • Have Fing scan that cam for open ports (looking for RTSP and HTTP)
  • Report back.

IP Man

n3wb
Reaction score
EDIT: I solved the problem by installing an Android emulator on my PC.

Thanks everyone for your input!