Need some help with networking high strangeness

Sparkey

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Lost power today and when it came back on one of my cameras, a Hikvision DS-2CD3410FD-IW did not come back up. It's the only wireless cam I have and due to it's location, it has to be so.

Anyways, in troubleshooting I observed that with a network cable plugged in, both the wired and wireless IP's show up on the network. Unplug the cable and they both disappear and so does the camera. I've been playing around with this all afternhoon and I'm stumped. I will gladly feel like a fool if someone can point an obvious cause. I'd like to get this cam back online.

TIA :)

Valiant

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
What power supply are you using with wireless?. Are you sure it hasn't failed?, Perhaps the network cable is supplying the power via POE?.

Take care not to supply DC and Poe at same time.

Sparkey

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
PSU is the one that came with the camera. Not using POE.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Lost power today and when it came back on one of my cameras, a Hikvision DS-2CD3410FD-IW did not come back up. It's the only wireless cam I have and due to it's location, it has to be so.

Anyways, in troubleshooting I observed that with a network cable plugged in, both the wired and wireless IP's show up on the network. Unplug the cable and they both disappear and so does the camera. I've been playing around with this all afternhoon and I'm stumped. I will gladly feel like a fool if someone can point an obvious cause. I'd like to get this cam back online.

TIA :)
hard reset the camera...then ensure that you select an ip for the wireless adapter that is free...

Sparkey

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Did that and still no joy. The access point in question is a TP-Link EAP225. I turned on the wireless in my router and the camera connected to it normally so the problem is with the EAP225. Funny thing is, nothing else I have that's wireless has a problem connecting to it. Must be some sort of compatibility issue. :confused: