Need Spec

Baje

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I have a 45+ camera system with 1.3mp,3mp and a couple 5mp cameras and would like to run BI for viewing only. Is it possible to setup BI to show the substream in the matrix view and then ramp up to Mainstream when a camera is set to full screen?.

If not possible, can anyone recommend a pc spec for running all the cameras in full resolution? Ive been thinking about a i7-6770k processor, would this be enough? Would i need a video card to go with it?

Thanks for your help.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I have a 45+ camera system with 1.3mp,3mp and a couple 5mp cameras and would like to run BI for viewing only. Is it possible to setup BI to show the substream in the matrix view and then ramp up to Mainstream when a camera is set to full screen?.

If not possible, can anyone recommend a pc spec for running all the cameras in full resolution? Ive been thinking about a i7-6770k processor, would this be enough? Would i need a video card to go with it?

Thanks for your help.
this cannot be done in blue iris...
buy an i7-6700 system that you can return and test it...make sure you enter the license key and set direct to disk and hardware acceleration

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
Make sure you get one without a video card. BI won't use it for hardware acceleration. Waste of electricity and money when BI uses Intel's built-in video so well. Also, report back here. I've never seen someone use BI on a 45 camera system before. Also, if it won't handle the load on one server, try disabling BI's motion sensor under "camera properties>trigger" and use the "camera's digital input or motion". You'll have to set the cameras' internal motion detection on and use that though. Most folks prefer BI's smarter motion detection rather than rely on the in-camera stuff, unless you're using alarm inputs with PIRs.