Need to restore IVMS-4200 Network Service setting for Hikvision NVR/Camera

im2020

n3wb
Reaction score
We have a networked system consisting of 3 separate NVR/camera setups. The operator of each can access all 3 via port forwarding. Finger trouble has caused one of the setups to not be fully accessible for Maintenance Management. What happened was the Enable HTTPS box shown below was clicked. This means the unit can't be accessed without a Security Certificate (which doesn't exist) and since it can't be accessed we can't unclick that box.

Any ideas on how to restore things?

NS Settings.jpg

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Your page looks different than mine. Maybe delete and reload IVMS-4200 if you do not solve the problem and start over. I would think unclicking the box and save would work. If not reload and start over.

johnfitz

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
maybe try clearing cache/cookies on the browser then try logging in again?

im2020

n3wb
Reaction score
Thnx v much Parley and johnfitz. I've reinstalled IVMS-4200 and cleared my browser cache but I still can't access the unit.

Just to clarify that my setup is all networked so each device that I've added has been in IP/Domain mode and each device has it's own unique address.

I've just realised that if I use the SADPTool to find the IP address of the NVR and connect to it locally rather than by its web address I should gain access and be able to disable HTTPS.

I'll post again as soon as I've been able to try this.

im2020

n3wb
Reaction score
So, I gained access to the NVR using its IP address on its local network and was able to disable HTTPS. This has made the unit accessible again on the web (using its Dynamic DNS).

But going back to IVMS-4200 the unit is shown as being offline (see below)

5 woodla offline.jpg

Any ideas why it's showing offline and its cameras are not available for live view and remote playback when the NVR is accessible over the web?

Thanks in advance for any help.