Need wifi camera recommendation- to work w/Blue Iris

araczek

n3wb
Reaction score
I am attempting to replace an Amcrest camera currently on my home network. I have tried looking back
at Amcrest but it seems most of their products are out of stock. I had purchased a Reolink dual band camera
and it seems to be saturating my wifi. When I added this camera I had other wifi cameras lose signal with by Blue Iris
machine. Had this configured in Blue Iris and just noticed the camera is gone! The previous
Amcrest did not cause this. So I am still in search of a decent wifi camera (not doing POE at this point).
Nice to have features:
  • bullet camera
  • 3-5 megapixel
  • wifi, single band
  • well known , Blue Iris compatible
I have looked for HOURS and I did not find much from well known brands like Dahua, Hikivision, Lorex, Amcrest.
I mean there are plenty of camera’s but not wifi it seems. I am not in the mood to be running wires for POE. My wifi
is a 2 point Google Nest mesh. By Blue Iris machine is a Dell desktop, 3.4GHz with 64MB Memory. I just want to use a good
well known brand with a track record and BI compatibility. Any suggestions are helpful!

...AR

windguy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@araczek - If you can wait about a week, I may have an option for you that checks off your feature list.
I have a Hikvision bullet 4mp 2.4GHz WiFi camera on order due to arrive any day. Supposed to be ONVIF compatible per spec.
Don't know how well it works with Blue Iris and the rest of my wired IP camera system until I thoroughly test it out.
This is for a critter cam so it's more of a hobby project than a necessity for security. The caveats of using a WiFi camera aren't as relevant in this case.
Will let you know.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Here's a review on a Dahua recently posted by looney2ns -

Personally, I'd bite the bullet and run some CAT long before I'd bother with WiFi. It's just too unreliable when streaming video 24/7, but fine for a PC.