Neighbor Just Had A Minor Theft

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
A neighbor called me to see if I had any video of someone stealing items that she left out for Good Will. Some of it was of good value and that is why she called. Being a good neighbor I compiled a video for her and a still shot. Now I told her to call the neighbor across the street as I provided 8 cameras for his house and one of them looks right at her house. By the way the first camera is a Hikvision 2mp PTZ with a 1/1.9" sensor. This is the one I will replace with the Dahua 4K PTZ and a 4/3" sensor. The pictures should be even sharper. :) Plus I am going to relocate this camera over a few feet for a better angle down the road.

View attachment Barbara Theft Movie.mp4

Barbara Theft 6F_Moment.jpg

Last edited:

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
There is a Good Will sign. We are slowly adding IP cameras in the neighborhood. I am getting ready to install a system in another neighbors house using my surplus cameras and NVR.

Murphy625

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
That looked like a trash pile waiting for pickup to me. Should have set it on the house's side of the sidewalk on the lawn.

Frankenscript

Known around here
Reaction score
Fabulous shots. What sort of lens is on the ones you got the facial pics from?

My Dahua's (2 and 4 MP) aren't giving me this sort of performance. I must need to adjust their exposure settings a bit.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Fabulous shots. What sort of lens is on the ones you got the facial pics from?

My Dahua's (2 and 4 MP) aren't giving me this sort of performance. I must need to adjust their exposure settings a bit.
The one in color is a Hkvision 2mp PTZ with 25X power. By the way it is getting replaced next month with a Dahua PTZ with a 16mm to 320mm lens and 8MP. The one in black and white is from one of my license plate cameras and it is a Dahua IPC-HFW5241E-Z12E 2MP.

R L

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Guy on the bike thought it was trash, I've seen many people go through trash...Why was it put too close to the house. Camera no needed here, sorry