Neighbor's House got Toilet Papered

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
This happened about a week ago and I decided today to put it on YouTube and post it here. At this time, they had just changed out the streetlights to LEDs. I have since upped the shutter rate to 1/125th of a second at night on these cameras and I am still playing with the new settings. Here is the video.

Last edited:

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Pity you couldn't see a licence plate. Looks like High School Student dare or a prank on a fellow pupil. Wonder if the driver was actually old enough to drive looking at the others?

MTL4

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I guarantee you go down to the local HS parking lot and you’ll find that vehicle no problem. Police could get cell phone data and figure out exactly who those four were. I agree though, definitely looks like a dare. I'd much rather deal with that than the hoodlums we have nearby that slashed someone's pool liner and spray painted their house.

Last edited:

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Pity you couldn't see a licence plate. Looks like High School Student dare or a prank on a fellow pupil. Wonder if the driver was actually old enough to drive looking at the others?
Oh, I have the license plate number. I got it as she was driving away with my license plate camera. I will post it up later. I gave all of this to the neighbors for their entertainment.

Last edited:

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Parly’s camera system maybe top 5% on this forum ,thanks for the great posting!
Thank You Andy for providing the great cameras at a good price. Also, the license plate camera suffered some spider webbing. This time of year, I have to keep a close watch on the cameras in the Pine tree for spider webs..

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That is correct. However, there are a lot of cars out on the road here in California with no front plate.
As many here may know (since I've probably mentioned it too many times) I lived in N. CA for almost 30 years. I worked city and county public works, signals and lighting. During that time I worked closely with LEO who'd share the numerous excuses given why no front plate, especially from people moving in from a rear-plate-only state, the most popular being "...only one was in the envelope." The fact was they were so thin they'd be stuck together and you have to know to expect 2 and very deliberately look for a way to pry them apart. :lol:

Last edited:

Ri22o

Known around here
Reaction score
I guarantee you go down to the local HS parking lot and you’ll find that vehicle no problem. Police could get cell phone data and figure out exactly who those four were. I agree though, definitely looks like a dare. I'd much rather deal with that than the hoodlums we have nearby that slashed someone's pool liner and spray painted their house.
Same. I would much rather lighthearted pranks like this than them ringing the doorbell at midnight and running or causing actual damage.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
They did ring the doorbell after they were done and ran like hell to the car.
Amateurs.......you're supposed to wait until right before some rain so that the TP gets embedded in the trees, on the shrubbery, etc. really good and messy. Now I don't know this from personal experience but have heard this to be recommended practice..... :rolleyes:
<uncross fingers>

Ri22o

Known around here
Reaction score
They did ring the doorbell after they were done and ran like hell to the car.
At least they had something waiting for them afterwards.

My neighbor asked me a couple days ago if I caught who rang their doorbell at midnight. It looks like they were smart about it since they chose the only house with a dumb doorbell. I wasn't able to see where they came from (must have come onto the street between houses), but they walked just past their house, likely saw their doorbell wasn't lit up (dumb), went back and ran up the driveway, rang, and disappeared. I had hoped they would have ran towards my house, but no luck.