Neighbors wheels stolen 2

hamsoplo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Two more neighbors had their wheels stolen in their driveway. I'm guessing these are the guys since they drove slowly by my place 3 times. They stopped at a few houses to walk around their front yards. Seems this happens every couple of weeks. Shot with 4mp hikvision turret with 4mm lens and external ir flood. Going to put a Longsi 5mm 5mp S500 at the front of the garage towards the street.

Tiger_Claw

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Oh JOY! :mad-new:

This isn't making me feel all warm and fuzzy considering some local scum is doing the same thing.

TiGeR

Tiger_Claw

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Got everything covered as best I can for now. I might even buy another of those $15 dollar driveway alerts and Velcro the damn thing under one of the fenders. They would never suspect that and it sure as hell wouldn't alarm unless someone was messing with the wheel.

TiGeR

hamsoplo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
One of those cars had wheel locks on them already. They still got them off somehow. Wheel well alarm is clever, hopefully it goes off before they get the wheel off.

I'm using a CMVision IR9 flood. I really like it, I bought 2 more. If I had to do it again I'd mount it in front of the camera instead of behind. With the onboard IR turned off the camera still picks up tons of bugs and rain with the IR behind.
https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/11552-CMVision-IR9-Illuminator

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Got everything covered as best I can for now. I might even buy another of those $15 dollar driveway alerts and Velcro the damn thing under one of the fenders. They would never suspect that and it sure as hell wouldn't alarm unless someone was messing with the wheel.

TiGeR
Be prepared for an alert every time a rabbit runs under your car.

Tiger_Claw

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Be prepared for an alert every time a rabbit runs under your car.
Don't think that will be an issue. Mounted above and looking down at the tire should more/less eliminate that. Can also partially cover the motion sensor with tin foil (LOL) to narrow the beam even further.

In all honesty... It would be better suited to nab a tire/rim theft. Already ordered the 2nd detector. It's so affordable that one could only kick themselves if losing their goods and not spending a few measly bucks.

TigeR

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
One of those cars had wheel locks on them already. They still got them off somehow. Wheel well alarm is clever, hopefully it goes off before they get the wheel off.

I'm using a CMVision IR9 flood. I really like it, I bought 2 more. If I had to do it again I'd mount it in front of the camera instead of behind. With the onboard IR turned off the camera still picks up tons of bugs and rain with the IR behind.
https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/11552-CMVision-IR9-Illuminator
I am plan on getting some IR Illuminator but I am going to install them like 6 feet away from the camera on the side pointed in the direction that the camera is viewing. I think that should help reduce the bug reflecting back to the camera. I notice you said you installed it behind your camera, have to try installing it off the side ?

Bill