Nellys ESIP-PTZMINI12X-1080p

networkcameracritic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I like that small PTZ, the Dahua SD42212SN-HN but here's my concern. Dahua makes another PTZ that is 12X & 1080P that has good built in IR LEDS and works better overall meaning faster, better range of motion but is larger, but say it would cost $60 more. Would you have paid more for an IR PTZ or is the IR not needed or is size the determining factor?

pal251

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
If I could get it for $60 more I would pay that for the IR for home use. I don't think I would have in this setting unless i could turn the IR off and on remotely because I think bugs would be attracted to the IR and I Don't want to knock spider webs off all the time 2 and half stories up. :)

networkcameracritic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Maybe you can spin the camera around a few times, knock the spider webs off because it would not have a dome cover. I don't think it would be a problem because you are thinking old school, the ring of LEDs around the lens. This is the same as the one Vector18 has for sale, 30x zoom, but is cheaper with a 12X zoom. I'm hoping $60 but that depends on shipping as it's large, so maybe $60 more plus shipping. The LED's are the very bottom, the lens is at the top, there's maybe 2" separation between LEDs and lens, so my wild guess would be the spider would go for the IR LEDs and should not affect the lens, but won't know till I try it, will let you know.

networkcameracritic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I played with it at ISC West, looks a little strange because of the oblong shape due to the IR illuminators at the bottom.

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I don't think it looks strange at all. It is smaller than any of the other dahua ptz's with IR's and the IR's are behind a tinted window so the spiders may not even be attracted to them. They are larger than the small IR led bulbs that come in domes also. I have the 2mp 30x version for sale. They have a few different versions of the same ptz, but I would suggest the 30x. If anyone is absolutely serious about
purchasing it, and wants to log into it, I can set it up outside and let them log in to it. As of now, it's still in original box sitting nice and pretty. :)

networkcameracritic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Very cool camera, I ordered 10, but will take a few weeks. The 12X is their cheapest and may appeal to someone in suburbia that can't leverage the 30X like where my road that is curved and T's at the end of the block, so 30x would not buy me much. I mentioned it as it would be a cost effective alternative to the 12x mini-PTZ without IR, but I agree with Vector18, 30x is awesome.

pal251

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Where did you order your 10x from network camera critic? If you want you can PM me where you got it.

Or did you get it from your daughter hehe

networkcameracritic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It's all through Wrightwood, they have the connections with Dahua engineering, sales & marketing. When she orders, there's a minimum order quantity and it's made to order. For example, just put in an order a few days ago on behalf of my daughter for a new camera they came out with, wasn't even on Dahua's website yet, I have to get it to do a review, took all they had, next build may be a month away as Vector18 knows all too well. Imagine a company doing $6B a year, and this stuff is not inventoried. In contrast, she can order Axis, ACTi, Samsung, Messoa or just about anything else and get it shipped the same day in any quantity.

pal251

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'm hoping nellys will have that model...hint hint. It looks interesting and I may be in the market for one or four soon

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'm hoping nellys will have that model...hint hint. It looks interesting and I may be in the market for one or four soon

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
I have 2 of the 12x mini domes right now in my stock that I could let go and order more. The job that they are for is not for another month. Get a price from Nellys and I'll try to beat it.