Nest Cams all dropped signal

Mac13

n3wb
Reaction score
Unfortunately this method no longer works. Now you need to select Nest/Dropcam as the make and RTMPS via public page as model and then put the public URL in the address bar in the camera properties.
Thanks. I can't get that to work either. I enter the password I creat but is there a username to enter or so you leave it blank?

Also, what port should I use?

pmcross

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thanks. I can't get that to work either. I enter the password I creat but is there a username to enter or so you leave it blank?

Also, what port should I use?
The username and password should be blank. The public page can't be password protected either. I've had varying success with both HTTP and HTTPS. I'd try HTTPS first though.

Mac13

n3wb
Reaction score
The username and password should be blank. The public page can't be password protected either. I've had varying success with both HTTP and HTTPS. I'd try HTTPS first though.
Nest Hello provides an option to share with password or share publicly. I don't think anyone wants to share publicly. Are you sharing publicly or are you saying you use the password option in Nest but then BI doesn't need a password? I'm not following.

pmcross

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Nest Hello provides an option to share with password or share publicly. I don't think anyone wants to share publicly. Are you sharing publicly or are you saying you use the password option in Nest but then BI doesn't need a password? I'm not following.
You need to share publicly. I don’t like it either, but it won’t work in BI with a password. Fortunately someone would need the exact URL in order to access the public feed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mac13

n3wb
Reaction score
You need to share publicly. I don’t like it either, but it won’t work in BI with a password. Fortunately someone would need the exact URL in order to access the public feed.

Thanks I tried that and it worked! A bit disappointed and concerned about not having a password on it though. Are you running a VPN or extra security? I still need to setup remote access and a dynamic DNS I think. I'm new to BI :)

pmcross

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thanks I tried that and it worked! A bit disappointed and concerned about not having a password on it though. Are you running a VPN or extra security? I still need to setup remote access and a dynamic DNS I think. I'm new to BI :)
Glad to hear that it’s working for you now. I set up VPN using OpenVPN, but reverted back to forwarding a port to BI. I know that this isn’t best practice, but the OpenVPN client on iOS isn’t reliable. I’ll be setting up Stunnel soon. As far as someone gaining access to your feed, I believe that you’re pretty safe, unless you put the URL on the internet.