Nest changes breaks BI

ereddish

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
From my previous thread, I have tested everything and starting over from scratch, reinstalled BI and my Nest Cameras. Nest has changed the rtmps:// address which has broken the feeds to my Nest Cameras. I am unable to get BI to work. Hopefully BI will pick this up in a patch.

ereddish

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The RTMPS I have identified in my setup is no longer visable when I inspect the page with MS Edge.
It was: stream-delta.dropcam.com/nexus/e15cb2f7a22c408ea5329c0a35a3658f
It is now: stream-us1-charlie.dropcam.com:443/nexus/e15cb2f7a22c408ea5329c0a35a3658f

That's the only rtmps link on the page. I used the public link to inspect the element which is what I've done for all of my cameras. I'm thinking I need to completely remove the cameras and start completely over but if I do that, I'm afraid the rtmps will completely change. Somehow I will need to get them working until I can change them all out.

Again, thank you for the conversations. My next step is to take down my mesh network and see what happens.

ereddish

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
YES!!! Thank you IDLE!. To get things working I did unshare, share, and grab the NEW RTMPS feed which had changed. I also had to uninstall the current version and go back to a previous version to get my recorded videos to play instantly, otherwise it literally took 30-45 seconds to get them to play, (circle waiting thing in windows). I'll wait until the next version comes out but for now everything is back online. Can't thank you enough!! geeZ

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Ouch!

So a simple domain name change by nest can screw nest users... that hurts.