Netatmo Presence with Blue Iris?

itm

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm looking for an outdoor cam with built-in LED floodlight and the Netatmo Presence is the only option that I've found so far. Does anyone know if it works with Blue Iris 4?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm looking for an outdoor cam with built-in LED floodlight and theNetatmo Presence is the only option that I've found so far. Does anyone know if it works with Blue Iris 4?
Garbage..it does not support rtsp or onvif.
Floodlight cameras are a silly gimmick.

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What would you recommend as an alternative?
Most of the folks here use professional grade cameras from Dahua, Hikvision, etc. that focus more on image quality and reliability. AFAIK, they don’t make any flood light camera combos.

Ring has a floodlight cam too, but like the Netatmo, it’s been locked down so you can’t use it outside of their system. No ONVIF or RTSP feed.

If you’re looking for a good low-light cam look in the Dahua sub-forum here for reviews of the Starlight models. Esp the 5231R-ZE or the 2231 model. They work great with BI and have about the best low-light performance.

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Ah I should have checked your post history before my last reply. I see you’re already familiar with the RTSP struggle and familiar enough with the forum to know what Starlights are and the recommendation for floodlights should be. Sorry, browsing with my phone this AM.

itm

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Many thanks. Actually I rarely visit this forum (I have never heard of Starlights, nor do I know which floodlights are favoured here!) so your recommendations are very useful.
I'm very much a hobbyist, and am also retired so always looking for cost-effective solutions ;0). I've never spent more than £50 on an IP cam and happily am still using devices that I bought >10 years ago.
One of the main appeals of the Netatmo as a 2-in-1 device is that it would be very simple for me to install (I'm awful with DIY) - I could simply remove the existing wall light and replace it with the Netatmo. Having a separate light and cam would require more wiring, which I would probably need to get someone in to do (increasing the cost again). I also quite like the idea of an LED light, as it's low energy and long-lasting. I'm seriously thinking of a solar LED option at the moment.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Many thanks. Actually I rarely visit this forum (I have never heard of Starlights, nor do I know which floodlights are favoured here!) so your recommendations are very useful.
I'm very much a hobbyist, and am also retired so always looking for cost-effective solutions ;0). I've never spent more than £50 on an IP cam and happily am still using devices that I bought >10 years ago.
One of the main appeals of the Netatmo as a 2-in-1 device is that it would be very simple for me to install (I'm awful with DIY) - I could simply remove the existing wall light and replace it with the Netatmo. Having a separate light and cam would require more wiring, which I would probably need to get someone in to do (increasing the cost again). I also quite like the idea of an LED light, as it's low energy and long-lasting. I'm seriously thinking of a solar LED option at the moment.
A good fixed starlight turret is 100 bux. This camera is 300 not to mention the ongoing costs of recording to cloud. Will cost you less than 200 for someone to come run an ethernet cable in wall for you.
The cameras in these things are crap.

Last edited:

itm

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I should also have mentioned that I'm in the UK. I haven't managed to find a supplier of Starlights in the UK so far :0(