Netcomm NS4100 - anone have the NETCOMM IP Installer software

RHWA Perth

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all

In a nutshell, does anyone have available for download the Netcomm IP installer software as provided with the NS4100 camera, or something similar?

Netcomm Wireless have been less than helpful with this as it is "end of life" - but wouldn't you think they would still hold relevant software and firmware for support purposes? Apparently not.

I have inherited a Netcomm NS4100 camera on a site that I need to determine if working or U/S - it is a voluntary organisation I support "gratis" so funds are limited and hence do not want to replace it unless it is dead. IP address unknown of course and have not turned anything up to indicate what it might have been. They had a bunch of VLANS and while I have tried those network ranges to "find it" - nada.

I have tried now the factory reset procedure in the user guide for the 4000 series cameras but even though that seems to do the right things (as in flashing LED's and removing the jumper withing 3 flashes or whatever, I still cannot raise it on what is meant to be the default IP address after a factory reset.

The user guide talks about the NETCOMM IP Installer software which (like SADP for HIKvision and similar software from other manufacturers) should find and list any Netcomm cameras it can find and that may just help prove the camera is alive or U/S.

If anyone has software or other information that might help that would be appreciated.

Reaction score
Thanks but I am not sure why you are referring me to that page - if any of the information contained in the document regarding factory resetting to the default IP address had worked I would not be submitting this post.
As a last resort I was asking by way of this post if anyone has the IP Installer software as according to Netcomm Wireless support it is "only available on the original CD" which really means "we did not bother to keep any relevant software for old product and don't care" even though most other support organisations do.

With a lot of digging around old router configurations I actually stumbled on some routed IP addresses for port 80 one of which is the camera so I can at least now access the camera - but it will not seem to let me re-configure anything. So now I am fighting that battle.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks but I am not sure why you are referring me to that page - if any of the information contained in the document regarding factory resetting to the default IP address had worked I would not be submitting this post.
As a last resort I was asking by way of this post if anyone has the IP Installer software as according to Netcomm Wireless support it is "only available on the original CD" which really means "we did not bother to keep any relevant software for old product and don't care" even though most other support organisations do.

With a lot of digging around old router configurations I actually stumbled on some routed IP addresses for port 80 one of which is the camera so I can at least now access the camera - but it will not seem to let me re-configure anything. So now I am fighting that battle.
You are being refered there because i dont know what your read or tried or your level of competency. You didnt properly factory reset the camera so the old address was still active. Try an older browser to run IE in emulation mode to see if that will get the camera to save settings.
Regardless, how much time have you wasted on a camera that camera be replaced with a 50 dollar camera resulting in a much improved image?

Reaction score
Just a final reply to this for anyone that has a similar issue.
The Version of Internet explorer or other browser is the major issue here in being able to configure / monitor the camera (due to the age of the camera and changes to more recent browsers).
I can confirm it works on a version of IE8 on an XP machine for configuring and live viewing. On later versions of browsers (that I tried) you can at least get a Snapshot image even though you cannot readily get live images.
The mystery still remains as to why the documented factory reset procedure did not work (on this camera at least) but since I managed to locate the IP address it was on that was not an issue I have pursued.
For an old camera the images are not that bad and certainly worth resurrecting for the purpose it is serving.