"Network Abnormal" & "The account is locked, please try again 20 minutes" Error after Factory Reset

sameri

n3wb
Reaction score
To follow on from a question I asked in this thread: Hikvision camera resets ITSELF to factory default twice!

So I don't hijack the topic I'll ask my question separately here...

After having 3 of my 6 cameras factory reset, presumably by the backdoor exploit, I am now having trouble "recovering" 2 of them. Never mind the factory reset issue, I'll sort that out now I am aware... My other issue is as follows...

I am able to successfully modify the camera IP addresses using the SADP Tool but it doesn't appear that I'm able to change their HTTP ports despite SADP saying that the parameters were changed successfully. (Well I assume they are not changing as I can still access the camera at say IP address 192.168.1.99 when the HTTP Port is set to "99" whereas I would've expected to view the camera at 192.168.1.99:99) ... I cannot confirm any other settings as I am unable to log into the cameras... See next line...

The big issue... when I go to log in on the web interface I get "Network Abnormal" on one camera (a DS-2CD3132F-IW) and "The account is locked, please try again 20 minutes later" on the other (a DS-2CD2132-I) ... And yes I've waited 20 minutes :)

Cameras are definitely on the correct subnet. I can ping them and navigate to their web interface, just can't log in.

Have tried Firefox, IE and Chrome to no avail.

I know I've got the password correct as I've used the exact same backdoor exploit to change it myself :lol: Also, when I try a different password it throws up the normal "incorrect password" message and not the aforementioned error messages. ALSO I can still view the image stream from the cameras using the direct MJPEG substream "/Streaming/channels/1/preview" and also using my IP Cam Viewer App so they are obviously able to "log in"...

The thing that has me REALLY scratching my head is that the camera I was able to properly "recover" with absolutely no issues was also a DS-2CD2132-I that I bought at exactly the same time as the one I'm having issues with.

FYI All cameras are connected to a stand-alone PoE switch but there is a Hikvision NVR on the network accessing the cameras "manually".

Any help would be greatly appreciated. It may be as easy as accessing the configuration menu via a direct link with the username and password in the URL?

My first daughter has just been born :) so I'm short on time to look into the issue but I didn't want my cameras unsecure when bringing her home...

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
Disconnect it from the nvr
As the nvr might be giving it another password
Get the camera going on the switch get into the camera web GUI
Disable illegal log in that’s what is locking you out for twenty min on the camera
Then manually add the camera back into the nvr channel with its password and say new IP address
I had the same problem once

sameri

n3wb
Reaction score
Just to confirm. Cameras are NOT physically connect to the NVR, they're connected to a stand-alone PoE switch but there is a Hikvision NVR on the network accessing the cameras "manually".

Either way I'll try disconnecting the NVR altogether. Cheers

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
They can be on a switch what the nvr is looking for is the camera ip and if the nvr is posting it’s lasts know password and the camera has been changed
It will lock you out
Just turn off the nvr power
Get into the camera and unstick illegal log in
Then you can mess around with the nvr adding the camera management manually and save the pass word again

sameri

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the help.

Turned off the NVR and it worked. Not immediately, took a little while after the firmware was upgraded but then I was able to log in.

I am now upgrading the firmwares to 5.4.5 and following the MTD hacks. Awesome stuff!