Network and Blue Iris

Badriver

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey guys,

New to the forum and starting with Blue iris.

I currently have a set up with a Netgear GS510TLP-100EUS, to where my main PC, 2 cameras and other stuff connects directly.

Due to home layout, my idea is to connect a second switch to where I will install a third camera and a PC with blue iris. Currently my cameras are on a separated VLAN, and the 3rd camera and blue iris PC should also be part of that VLAN.

Here’s the general layout. Capture.PNG

My question is simple.

Since my admin PC and 2 cameras are on a different switch, will it be an issue in performance wise for the Blue iris PC to receive the feeds? Basically all 3 cameras will share one cat6 cable + admin PC to connect remotely.

Thanks in advance

Bruno

mikeynags

Known around here
Reaction score
You describe my setup pretty much at a high level and no, it doesn't nor should it cause any performance issues. That being said, I'm sure there is a ton of questions that could be asked for example, how many VLANS are you running? What is the interconnect speed between the switches? What else is the BI PC going to be doing. All of which are pertinent but at the most basic of answers, what you are describing should work just fine.

Badriver

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for support. Generally the hardware should be fine; and the PC will only work with BI.
I was just concerned in gettings the feeds from outside blueiris, in the Admin PC. Anyway I'm pretty much stuck with this config, so I will have to give it a try anyway.

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
x2 on the thought that you should be fine. I use BI’s built-in web server (UI3) to view the cameras and recordings from other computers. Quick and easy!