Network buffer balance

Brett_F

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yeah perhaps it is the camera itself causing the delay, I just know the buffer value does not help in my environment. I've taken it offline, ran full tests & diags, performance monitor the crap out of the hardware & network, nothing shows signs of stress until BI starts up & the streaming begins. Even monitored with a monitor attached for a spell & the lag is there when I increase buffer value. I have it as optimized as best I think it will get, .7 MB buffer on the 264H (only other choice is 265 but with no hw decoding it spikes the crap out of the CPUs) & 1MB on the 2x264B layouts, 2MB on the 640x480 old Foscam camera (this one actually I think it doesn't matter where I set it, it is not D2D so the buffer value never has been an issue). QOS set on the 3 HD cameras with minimal values (1&2 for real time & command) for the 720x1280 streams. Seems to behave well with these settings & there is no lag. it is just so odd I can reproduce the lag simple by increasing the buffer beyond 1.5-2MB on the HD cameras. I'll let it be for now. I am naively optimistic we will see some type of more open hardware acceleration options in future builds where I can leverage GPU & 265 streams. If this software got away from the reliance on QuickSync & went to more open hardware acceleration choices & could then leverage the 265 stream in the newer cameras, it would probably keep a lot of us not trying to tinker & optimize. The older cameras I wasn't trying to capture the detail I can get / want now so the stress of the details & stream of newer HD capable units is surely part of the issue. I look forward to perhaps a future build where I can leverage non Intel GPU decoding and switch to 265 streams.