Network Problem since Setting up Dual Router

Cookie Monster

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Got my HDW5231R-ZE two weeks ago, got it all set up and working very nicely. Still need to make a few tweeks though. Anyway, I wanted to have my network behind a VPN router which I have just set up. But I now cannot see the camera on the network. I'm assuming that it is because my subnet has changed from the original 192.168.1.X to the new VPN router which is 192.168.2.X

All of my other network devices appear visible and have been assigned IP's with 192.168.2.X

I use Synology Surveillance Station as my main interface with the camera, and the camera shows as deactivated. If I do a new search, it does not find any cameras.

Can anyone help me to get my camera visible again.

Thanks
Paul

giomania

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If you set up a static IP address on the camera on that have changed to the new subnet the new router, which means you would have to log into the Camera change the IP address.

You could always use the Dahua config tool which will find it on your network regardless of the IP address / subnet.

Or you can connect a computer directly to the camera (or to a switch connected to the camera), and manually change the IP address of the computer you’re using until you get the IP address on the camera changed to the proper subnet.

Hopefully this all makes sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

BubbaJoe

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
To answer your question. Yes you changed the subnet. You have to change the IP address in the camera.