Network Resource Usage of NVR ridiculous high

Reaction score
Hi,
I've bought a NVR, model DS-7616NI-K2/16P, after set up, connect to 5 POE IP cameras and 1 wireless camera, and use for a few days. I notice that after 1-2 days, I can't use Hik-connect to live view the camera, the app stuck on loading camera image. After a NVR reboot, everything works again.
After investigation, I found that the Network Resource Usage of the NVR rising from time to time, up to 126 Mbps maximum before I can no longer view the camera in Hik-connect app.
And I can verify that there is no client live view the camera at that time.
Please give me some advice. Thank you.
Screenshot_3.png

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
according to the specifications the max is 160 Mbps incoming bandwidth. Out going bandwidth is also 160.
What is the incoming steam type that needs to be decoded. (H.265/H.265+/H.264/H.264+/MPEG4 ). Are your cameras Hikvision ?
What are the camera settings.
Are viewing with a monitor direct connected or remotely ?

Reaction score
according to the specifications the max is 160 Mbps incoming bandwidth. Out going bandwidth is also 160.
What is the incoming steam type that needs to be decoded. (H.265/H.265+/H.264/H.264+/MPEG4 ). Are your cameras Hikvision ?
What are the camera settings.
Are viewing with a monitor direct connected or remotely ?
My NVR and Camera both Hikvision
I'm not sure about incoming stream type (or how to check it).
My monitor connected directly to NVR with HDMI cable, and I'm using PC to view more infor of NVR with iVMS-4200.
This is my camera DS-2CD2121G0-I settings, please take a look, thank you.

1575099227752.png

Reaction score
Update, I noticed that my NVR have 16 channel, but I only use 6 cameras, when using Hik connect to live view, Hik connect tried to load all 16 channel, maybe that the reason NVR flooded with connect request.
So I tried to disable channel 7-16 which is not connect to any cameras. The Network Resource Usage is no longer rising.