Network setup question

actruck

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have several Hikvision cameras installedat our site in a local campground. Iwould like to view these cameras remotely using the Blue Iris or TinyCam MonitorPro app. I have purchased both. I use the Blue Iris software for controlling mycameras. I recently purchased an Asus RT-N66U router and have tried to setupport forwarding but it isn’t working so I supposed I don’t have something setup correctly. I am behind two routers andthink this may be the problem. My network setup is attached.

Using the apps listed above,I can view my cameras on my phone as long as I’m on Wi-Fi at the RV. I’m not currentlyable to get these to work outside of the Wi-Fi there.

I use TeamViewer now as a means of controlling my cameras remotely.

Port forwarding from the CG router isn’t an option. Would there be any other choice that would allow me to view my cameras via an app?

Thanks for the help, much appreciated.

Attachments

nejakejnick

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Do you have a public IP address? You need it in order to make port forwarding work, although I am not sure whether some providers are able to open one port on non-public IP and route it to you.
Why is not port forwarding from the CG router an option? It should be easy to set port forwarding from it.

If you are absolutelly sure that you cannot use port forwarding, then you have two other options:
- reverse proxy tunnel using some hosting (you would use e.g. Bitvise SSH Client on your Windows machine to connect to the server)
- virtual LAN using Hamachi or other software

Coincidentally I need to solve this too, but I will probably just pay for a public IP and not bother with it.

Last edited by a moderator:

nejakejnick

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator: