New 2 Ipcams

Mr.Key

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello, I’m new here, but this looks like the place for help. Ihave 3 Reolink 410 cameras that I’m trying to connect to blue iris software... I followed all the help on the Reolink site regarding BI... Find inspect does not setup camera it just stops and camera doesn’t show picture... Reolink client works fine, I can see cameras there and access from my cellphone. Any help with blue iris setting and these cameras will be greatly appreciated...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello, I’m new here, but this looks like the place for help. Ihave 3 Reolink 410 cameras that I’m trying to connect to blue iris software... I followed all the help on the Reolink site regarding BI... Find inspect does not setup camera it just stops and camera doesn’t show picture... Reolink client works fine, I can see cameras there and access from my cellphone. Any help with blue iris setting and these cameras will be greatly appreciated...
If you can still return the reolinks you should do so.... They are a lying scamming company.. there firmware also does not allow adjustment to the I frame interval which causes problems in Blue Iris....
Your issue of not seeing the video feed is likely related to an to an incorrect port or IP address

DognamedTank

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I agree with fenderman....there are much better cams for BI. I'm working on replacing mine. I have my 410s configured as shown in the attached screen shot, and it works ok...most of the time. It will randomly disconnect frequently, so make sure to set the watchdog to automatically reset the camera after a number of disconnects. It also helps to have the camera perform a self-reset at least weekly. Make sure that the 410 is configured to use the baseline profile.

Capture.PNG

Attachments

Mr.Key

n3wb
Reaction score
If you can still return the reolinks you should do so.... They are a lying scamming company.. there firmware also does not allow adjustment to the I frame interval which causes problems in Blue Iris....
Your issue of not seeing the video feed is likely related to an to an incorrect port or IP address
Thanks for the reply! I know the reolinks have their issues, but they worked well for my needs until I wanted more options that were in BI and not in reolink client... Ive been reading a lot of these threads... Some of you guys really know your shit... Thanks for the advice...

Mr.Key

n3wb
Reaction score
I agree with fenderman....there are much better cams for BI. I'm working on replacing mine. I have my 410s configured as shown in the attached screen shot, and it works ok...most of the time. It will randomly disconnect frequently, so make sure to set the watchdog to automatically reset the camera after a number of disconnects. It also helps to have the camera perform a self-reset at least weekly. Make sure that the 410 is configured to use the baseline profile.

View attachment 28021
What Cameras are you looking to replace reolinks with? Im interested... I'm going to work on my issue a little later, I hope this works... I appreciate the help, thanks...

DognamedTank

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What Cameras are you looking to replace reolinks with? Im interested... I'm going to work on my issue a little later, I hope this works... I appreciate the help, thanks...
I have a 3 MP Ultra low light 2035 Hikvision that I like. I am going to get a Dahua 2 MP starlight turret to compare it with, and go with whichever I like the best to replace my 410s.

Mr.Key

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey guys thanks for all the help... I got the cameras online, appreciate it guys!!!

Mr.Key

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks so much, got everything going but I have another question: Looking to buy a refurbished computer to dedicate to blue iris only... what computer specs should be minimum on the computer to keep my little system( 4 reolink-410’s) running as smooth as possible?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks so much, got everything going but I have another question: Looking to buy a refurbished computer to dedicate to blue iris only... what computer specs should be minimum on the computer to keep my little system( 4 reolink-410’s) running as smooth as possible?
it depends if you want to future proof it and what your budget is...can be done for 100-500...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
that is a really old system that is about 10 years old...complete garbage and you wont be able to run BI with your cams...
why dont you bid on the system i showed you?
you can get third gen systems all day for 150 but that one is 4th gen and I am pretty sure you will get it for about 150

As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Mr.Key

n3wb
Reaction score
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
that is a really old system that is about 10 years old...complete garbage and you wont be able to run BI with your cams...
why dont you bid on the system i showed you?
you can get third gen systems all day for 150 but that one is 4th gen and I am pretty sure you will get it for about 150
Hey