New 2342 cam installed - working - then 8 hrs later no preview/Live View

ck42

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So I got my 2nd Hikvision camera installed finally (2342) and connected to BI. Everything working great. This was at about 10pm.
Next morning, I go to check on things and find that there's no video (BI says No Signal). So I check to see if I can log into the camera directly. I can.
No video Live View in the camera interface either. No error messages. Just a blank window.
[EDIT]: In Internet Explorer, I do see a little window appear in the bottom right of the Live View window that says "Live View Failed"

First things first, I power cycle the camera (PoE).
Camera comes back. I can remotely connect and browse all the various screens. No Live View.

Not sure what to do here. It's running the latest firmware.
I submitted a ticket with Hik a few minutes ago.

[EDIT-2] Just found that when logged into the cam directly, in the Live View tab, if I select stream-2, I get a Live View! No stream-1 though.
[EDIT-3] Switched from 1920x1080 for stream-1 and found that stream-1 Live View worked again! Set it back to the 2688x1520 and it worked. Went to a different browser on my computer, then went back to the browser with the Live View and the Live View screen was blank again. Tried setting the Video Quality from 'Highest' to 'Higher' and it *seems* to be stable now.

Last edited by a moderator:

pghcamman

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
medium to higher is all you need. people love to boost that up but its a waste of memory and speed. another thing is fps and bitrate. the human eye can only see at 8-12 fps anything more is a waste.

ck42

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Good info. appreciate it.
Along the same lines, what should I set the 'average' bitrate at? I have the bandwidth available....so not worried about that. big priority is getting excellent IQ

pghcamman

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
mainstream continuous - resolution (4mp), image quality(medium or higher), fps (1), bitrate (1064)
mainstream event - resolutio (4mp), image quality (medium or higher), fps (8), bitrate (2724)
substream - resolution (4CIF) image quality (medium or higher), fps (8), bitrate (437)

Image quality should be same for all either medium or higher pick and stay with one. I use medium to get more storage.

let me know how this works out for you.

Last edited by a moderator: