New 2431- dreaded fog in the lens

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
So this happened overnight in one camera. I've dealt with this issue before and it NEVER corrects- the camera will remain plagued for life, ime. As this was bought from Andy I did as he suggested and took it down, opened it, blow dryer, fog cleared. I was hopeful. No sooner than I got back down from reinstalling and the thing just fogged over again. Anyone have a trick to cure this? Like I said, once they get this and most especially once you open them, it never stops doing it. I reached out to Andy for a replacement but was just wondering if there's something else I might try.

cd36

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
What colour is the dessicant bag inside the camera?

I had this issue, bought some new dessicant bags, and replaced the one in the camera as it was saturated. It was fine ever since.

bradner

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
What colour is the dessicant bag inside the camera?

I had this issue, bought some new dessicant bags, and replaced the one in the camera as it was saturated. It was fine ever since.
What size (grams?) bags did you purchase for the camera. I think I need some and see they come in different physical sizes. Thanks.

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
I get these dry packs in the coffee filter packs I get for keurig coffee machine. I always save them. I put one into the camera from my original post above. Since drying out and putting a dry pack in its been perfect. But I think the problem was caused by the outer shells not being screwed together tightly. Two of three screws were loose. I'm sure that's why moisture got it. All tightened up, problem has been solved.