New 4K producing pixelation occasionally

Kamakzie

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'm flirting with the idea of sending that morphxstar back and getting a PTZ Dahua SD59430U instead. It's not 4K but it would be much more versatile and of course quite a bit more expensive but in the long run it would be very nice.

Kamakzie

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I ended up sending that camera back the morphxstar one and I ordered the IPC-HFW2831T-ZAS From Andy and I am just waiting for that to arrive.

cage771

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I wouldn't worry about using a POE adapter in those temperatures. Here in Iowa, I've installed standard 30W Axis POE injectors inside of Hoffman enclosures that are mounted on the outside of buildings and tanks. Haven't had one fail due to temperature.

Kamakzie

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I wouldn't worry about using a POE adapter in those temperatures. Here in Iowa, I've installed standard 30W Axis POE injectors inside of Hoffman enclosures that are mounted on the outside of buildings and tanks. Haven't had one fail due to temperature.
That is good to know. Most of them are only rated for 32°F or higher. So it's good that they actually work at lower temperatures.

cage771

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That is good to know. Most of them are only rated for 32°F or higher. So it's good that they actually work at lower temperatures.
I can vouch for the Axis units. They cost more, but they are robust. I don't know how they would fair inside of a walk in cooler exposed directly to the cold air blower, but in a non climate controlled enclosure mounted on a tower in the middle of an airport or parking lot, they keep on working well below 35 degrees F outside temp. So in your garage, you won't have a problem.

Kamakzie

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I can vouch for the Axis units. They cost more, but they are robust. I don't know how they would fair inside of a walk in cooler exposed directly to the cold air blower, but in a non climate controlled enclosure mounted on a tower in the middle of an airport or parking lot, they keep on working well below 35 degrees F outside temp. So in your garage, you won't have a problem.
This is the one I use. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07PR9CBGL/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Kamakzie

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Andy, I received the camera today and temporarily set things up in my room with blue Iris and all seems well and no pixelation like the old 4K camera did. I have a 12v 2A AC adapter hooked up to it. If I want to hook up the audio to a microphone could I use a Y splitter for power to the camera and power to the sound or should I use independent power for the microphone?

Kamakzie

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I got the new 4K camera up tonight below is a before and after picture. Quite a bit of difference I would say.

upload_2019-6-21_21-9-59.png
upload_2019-6-21_21-10-24.png

wepee

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
When using blue iris you dont use the substream at all. Blue iris sends to the ipad/phone.
Though disabling it should not make any difference as a stream is not being pulled.
You can also disable hardware acceleration and test. Some of these cams, particularly cheap foscam clones like yours, have issues with HA.
I know this is old thread, but just want to update to you all guys,
if you are still all following this post.

I had this Foscam R2 cam for over 2 years now, this cam never had problem with pixelation /ghosting
when hooked up to Synology Surveillance Station.

That day, I switched it hooking up my BI in the office. BAM! pixelation started to happen.
Even panning the camera horizontally, video live streaming started to get corrupted/ garbled.
Played round the Key Frame Interval and the Receive Buffer did not solve the problem at all.

But soon as I follow @fenderman 's suggestion: TURN OFF Hardware Acceleration.
Bingo! The problem disappear. :)
Thank you.

P.S: If possible don't buy any of the Foscam camera.
The quality is not worth the money that you are paying for.
Some of the earlier models, the Infrared LEDs don't know work at more, including this Foscam R2 that I have.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.