New 5208 NVR not playing back videos

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
You sure could make the case for that.

funkybunch

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
wait a min, that display resolution is for a screen hooked up to the hdmi output. i dont have anything hooked up to it, it's in a remote closet.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
i guess you will use smart pss for now until you can figure if it the nvr or laptop,

funkybunch

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
just fired up an HP laptop, logged into the nvr gui, tried to playback and the wheel is just spinning, i'm direct connected ethernet, still nothing.

dudemaar

Known around here
Reaction score
What kind of harddrive is in the NVR? I know I was having big issues recently on new 4.0 firmware using a regular Seagate barracuda pc harddrive.

I also first hook everything up to the NVR except NO internet and using a monitor directly into NVR to make sure cameras are all displaying live video and recording.

Last edited:

funkybunch

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
(2) 4TB purples, it's recording, it shows me the tags on the bar below, when i click on them, it just spins. i've tried everything.

funkybunch

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
nvr configured the HDD's when installed, i've defaulted this nvr a few times already.

dudemaar

Known around here
Reaction score
Smart codec off? Using H264 for all cameras? Sync time to pc on all cameras?

dudemaar

Known around here
Reaction score
Try one camera at a time, see if everything is working good for awhile, then plug next one in etc

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
just fired up an HP laptop, logged into the nvr gui, tried to playback and the wheel is just spinning, i'm direct connected ethernet, still nothing.
I would have to say Now you have your answer. You can view and playback video through SmartPss, Just through the WebGui, Something going on with the firmware or however Dahua is loading that interface on your windows PC, You said No More Plugins correct?

funkybunch

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I would have to say Now you have your answer. You can view and playback video through SmartPss, Just through the WebGui, Something going on with the firmware or however Dahua is loading that interface on your windows PC, You said No More Plugins correct?
yeah i never got prompted to load a plug in like the older firmware

Try one camera at a time, see if everything is working good for awhile, then plug next one in etc
we've got the cams working on the other thread, this one is about playback, doesnt matter if it's 1 or 5 plugged in.

dudemaar

Known around here
Reaction score
There is new firmware for nvr DH_NVR5XXX-4KS2_MultiLang_V4.001.0000000.0.R.200221

funkybunch

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
yeah i posted about that in another thread, i'm not sure if that's for the 4ks2 or 4ks2e model. i asked andy, last thing i want to do is brick my nvr. i want to try the old 3.xxx firmware, if it's stable and will allow me to play back videos then i'll use that firmware instead. did you find that new firmware on the dahua wiki page for the 5xxx series nvr's? looks to be the US version, not sure if it matters. when i goto system and manually check for updates it says i have the latest version right now, i know they are a little slow to update. thanks for all the suggestions, i'll try anything to make this whole thing a better experience for me. it's been a nightmare.

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
@funkybunch if you’re interested and still need help then send me a DM and I’ll take a look at your NVR and UI network setup. We can go through the system step by step and see what’s going on. Reach out to me and break down the infrastructure in your reply, UI kit etc and we can go from there.

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
Online with you now and getting you taken care of so you can love the cams and system again ;)

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
Online with you now and getting you taken care of so you can love the cams and system again ;)
Any verdict on the 'WHY" the videos were not playing back through the Web Interface? I know it was doing well through SmartPss.

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
Initial config needed tweaking, not using IE (critical to NVR 4.0) cam settings, plugins not installed. 3 cams already up and running now. Working on remaining cams now

Any verdict on the 'WHY" the videos were not playing back through the Web Interface? I know it was doing well through SmartPss.