New 5442- how to setup AI with BI

cam26

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just received a couple 5442’s which will be an addition to my five 5231’s that are a few years old.

Im interested in utilizing the vehicle and human detection AI on the 5442’s and I’m curious on how that set up with Blue Iris will look different than the 5231‘s.

I’m assuming that I won’t be using the hotspot and object detection features in Blue Iris, instead, getting triggers from the cameras themselves?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The setup will be fairly similar, except you wouldn't use BI motion (or you use it to get mainstream for things other than humans or vehicles).

Basically if you are using the camera AI, then there are a few places you need to set this up in BI (assuming you already set up the IVS rules in the camera GUI):

• In Camera configure setting check the box "Get ONVIF triggers".
  • Hit Find/Inspect on the camera setting to pull the coding for the triggers.
  • Go into Motion Setting and select the "Cameras digital input" box.
  • On the Alerts tab uncheck the Motions Zones tab (those are alerting you to any BI motion in those areas)
  • On the alerts tab set up how to be notified.

Rob2020

Known around here
Reaction score
Tagging this thread for comments as I am running these with just the BI Motion and need to play with AI.

cam26

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
One camera is doing great, the other is getting a ton of false alerts with human and vehicle detection on. That camera has two vehicles parked stationary in its field of few, and today is sunny and windy with leaves blowing around.

Any suggestions anyone?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Make sure that you have Motion Detection and Smart Motion Detection turned OFF.

You use either IVS, MD, or SMD. Since you are using IVS, turn the others off.

cam26

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I actually didn’t set it up through IVS, just through smart motion detection.

Is the IVS way better? I’m assuming so so that I can then only have human and vehicle through IVS.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Most will use IVS, but it is field of view dependent.

Probably what is happening is the shadows are making the car "look different" from a SMD standpoint and makes it think it is moving. Deepstack and SenseAI can do that at night time with headlights reflecting off the car.

cam26

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Most will use IVS, but it is field of view dependent.

Probably what is happening is the shadows are making the car "look different" from a SMD standpoint and makes it think it is moving. Deepstack and SenseAI can do that at night time with headlights reflecting off the car.
Makes sense. I’ve switched over to IVS, set it to intrusion with enter and exit on vehicles and humans. We shall see.

cam26

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
No alerts at all now. I very clearly have no idea how to set this up lol.

Blue box (target?) is what area of the screen I want to be monitored, and draw rule green lines (rule?) set the perimeter for the intrusion? Not very intuitive, just tells me to draw before I can save.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Set it back to default IVS LOL.

Leave target as 0,0 and let AI do its thing.

Intrusion box draws yellow but turns blue when complete. make sure you check appears and crosses for it.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Draw the line or box. When done drawing click the RIGHT mouse button to signal the camera you're done drawing. The click save.

cam26

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Draw the line or box. When done drawing click the RIGHT mouse button to signal the camera you're done drawing. The click save.
I’ve done that over the entire viewing area because I’d like the whole thing monitored. When I enter the 4 points, and right click, it completes and the box is green with 1 green arrow on 1 side, pointing inward.

Appears and crosses is checked, so is enter and exit