New account, new house, new security

PatPend

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
We block windows from updating anyway,
What's the best way to block Windows 10 updates? I've tried a number of different methods posted online and never had much luck especially with later W10 versions.

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score

Riseab0v3

n3wb
Reaction score
Great now that you have a good PoE switch, get a length of good cat5e/6, a good varifocal IP poe camera to play with ( many here like the Dahua OEM 4MP 1/1.8" sensor models ) and look for examples of a test rig here on the forum and start experimenting with positions.

You can get cheaper IP PoE cameras for some spots, having at least one good varifocal camera I think is useful
Thanks, that is the plan. Someone linked 1000ft of cable in another thread that I'll probably pick up and one of those $190 turret cams (non-reolink) to just test things for a bit.

If my front yard is pretty well lit at night, should I go with a cheaper non-ultra low light camera?

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks, that is the plan. Someone linked 1000ft of cable in another thread that I'll probably pick up and one of those $190 turret cams (non-reolink) to just test things for a bit.

If my front yard is pretty well lit at night, should I go with a cheaper non-ultra low light camera?
Invest the proper amount of dollars for a 1/1.8" ~ 1/1.2" MP matched camera that offers low light capability. You'll never go back and won't ever have any regret no matter what it cost initially.

The same can't be said for a smaller imaging sensor that lacks all the low light performance such as WDR, Lux, etc.

Reaction score
Welcome @Riseab0v3

1) Take the opportunity to Rise Above and avoid Reolink from the start ..
2) Over cable with good quality cable, I like the N+1+ rule .. ( always run one more cable than you expect to need )
3) Test possible positions before doing cable runs .. often we guess incorrectly.
4) Plan for more cameras than you originally expected...
Please read number 4 again. I started with 4, I have 17 now. SMH

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
WIn10/Pro updates can be easily stopped. Win10/Home is a PITA.

Disable Win10/Pro updates

I started with two cameras. Now up to 22 and will be adding another four or so eventually.