New and chasing advice.

CamK76

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I'm new to IP Cams but not new to networking in general. I'm based in Australia and am looking to install a system of cameras due to a recent spate of thefts and break-in's, of which I was recently a victim.

I was initially looking at a Ubiquiti setup using the G3 cams, but after finding these forums I have been steered away from that choice.

I am planing on installing about 5 cameras and feeding them back to a PC with Blue Iris. My house is cabled throughout with Cat6 so I won't have too much of an issue with the cameras attached to the house, the shed is about 15 meters from the house and I was thinking of installing 2 IP cams in the shed connected to a wireless router in bridge mode connecting back to my network and the Blue Iris server.

What I'm asking is advice on this setup. After doing some reading here, I'm leaning toward Dahua Starlight cams, where's the best place to source them in Oz? Is Ebay an acceptable option?

What recommendations are there for the wireless bridge between the shed and house?

Moving forward I imagine I will have many more questions, and I'm glad to have found a resource as informative as these forums.

Cheers,
Cam

CamK76

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks Mat

I've just sent a message to Andy and have given the Ebay route the flick.