new and completly lost

dlclk67

n3wb
Reaction score
hello, thanks and sorry at the same time. being new to these cameras and this site im sure im asking something thats been asked 10k times....but here i go anyway. I purchased a SRICAM from eBay and just cant get it to work. I've contacted the seller and was given an app and instrctions...both in chinese. Ive downloaded several apps for running wifi cameras and none seem to work. I keep getting ; Status-Invalid ID. even if I scan the code on the camera= invalid ID. Before i return this to the seller i want to make sure that the camera is defective and not the operator. The camera seems to function; makes noise when i walk by, infared lights on in the dark but i just cant figure out how to connect to it. any and all help much appreciated.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
hello, thanks and sorry at the same time. being new to these cameras and this site im sure im asking something thats been asked 10k times....but here i go anyway. I purchased a SRICAM from eBay and just cant get it to work. I've contacted the seller and was given an app and instrctions...both in chinese. Ive downloaded several apps for running wifi cameras and none seem to work. I keep getting ; Status-Invalid ID. even if I scan the code on the camera= invalid ID. Before i return this to the seller i want to make sure that the camera is defective and not the operator. The camera seems to function; makes noise when i walk by, infared lights on in the dark but i just cant figure out how to connect to it. any and all help much appreciated.
Welcome to the forum. While you can likely get the sricam to work (search sricam in the forum) I would advise returning it. Sricam is bottom of the barrel junk and you can do much better.

dlclk67

n3wb
Reaction score
I wasnt expecting much for the $30 but was expecting it to be plug and play as advertised. I got this just to get my feet wet as it were, so its a $30 learning experience. Your first car wasnt a candy red Ferrari now was it. :) Figure if i can get this to work ill know what to look for when i get the next one. Hell, i dint even know about this forum befoe so im that much more ahead now! ;) BUT again, i want to know if its me (probably) or if the camea is really broken.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I wasnt expecting much for the $30 but was expecting it to be plug and play as advertised. I got this just to get my feet wet as it were, so its a $30 learning experience. Your first car wasnt a candy red Ferrari now was it. :) Figure if i can get this to work ill know what to look for when i get the next one. Hell, i dint even know about this forum befoe so im that much more ahead now! ;) BUT again, i want to know if its me (probably) or if the camea is really broken.
Honestly not even worth the 30 dollars..use that money towards something better..consider yourself lucky that you found out during the return period. There is enough info on the forum to know what to look for. Messing with a subpar camera wont help. But if you want to mess with it, you dont need to use their qr code. The camera should come with software to find the camera on the network..once you have the ip enter it in the browser..

dlclk67

n3wb
Reaction score
no doubt its crap, and unfortunately probably not worth the return shipping $ also it came with no software just a link to an app which seems to be a generic android app for IP camera. But again, very much a newb to this. Id probably have the same issues with a $200 camera

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
no doubt its crap, and unfortunately probably not worth the return shipping $ also it came with no software just a link to an app which seems to be a generic android app for IP camera. But again, very much a newb to this. Id probably have the same issues with a $200 camera
You dont have to go to 200..there are great cameras for 100. I dare say that even a 55 dollar foscam c1, is miles ahead of the sricam (not that i recommend foscam, but its miles ahead)...
The first thing you need to do with any camera is find the ip address of the camera. What exact sricam do you have? Does it list the default ip on the label.
What is the ip address of your router?

dlclk67

n3wb
Reaction score
If you did your mates here on ipcamtalk.com would help you get it up and running dlclk67. :)
HAHA ...and understood, but it is what it is. model number, no idea its not listed anywhere. Box says SRICAM sticker on bottom says SKYPECAM an then just the ID# password and QR CODE

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
HAHA ...and understood, but it is what it is. model number, no idea its not listed anywhere. Box says SRICAM sticker on bottom says SKYPECAM an then just the ID# password and QR CODE
Can you post a link to the camera?

dlclk67

n3wb
Reaction score
if somebody could point me to some good/better software that would be a great start.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
if somebody could point me to some good/better software that would be a great start.
If you cant connect to the camera via web browser then no software will help...the apps/software need the cameras ip address.
Post a link to the camera.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I dont know for certain, but it is very likely that the camera cannot stream to any third party app as it does not provide a standardized stream. Its basically worthless without their app.