new cam!

Left Coast Geek

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
oooh, got my first 5442 IR, an Empire IPC-T5442T-ZE, can't wait to hook it up, but I need to wait until tomorrow for the wall bracket

I am going to leave my existing wide angle driveway cam up there, which is the HikVision NiteColor non-zoom equiv of this, and will put the zoom right next to it, and aim it at the area just inside the driveway entrance to my property to catch anyone trying to sneak in (I have a big parking area behind a normal size driveway entrance)

I have a feeling I'm going to want to replace ALL my other cams with these :p

Left Coast Geek

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
mmmm, first test pic, I turned OFF theilluminator on this cam, and left the ones two other cams, one infront of the garage, and the other looking out my walkway.

this camera's intent is to identify what comes in my driveway. I need more IR , the zoom lens is set for 90% of its 2.8-12mm zoom, not sure the actual FL right now. 8-10mm ?
I haven't tuned this cam for night vision, this is all defaults, with the IR illuminator OFF.
driveway-zoom.20210805_211459332.jpg

Left Coast Geek

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
because its too close.

I want IR along the edge of the woods near the top from center to left. I'm still cogitating, I just turned off the IR illuminator (and the white illuminator on the nitecolor wide angle cam mounted right next to it)

hah, right now, thats coming from a IPC-T2431-AS 4mm in mostly auto mode, and the big shadow across the driveway is my F250 and a storage shed.

now I wanna get rid of ALL my cameras and replace them with 5442's :winktongue:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Just pop the cover off and slightly angle the IR to where you want them LOL.:lmao:

What if you turned the camera slightly to the left and that might get more IR where you want it? There is a big ole tree or bush on the right side of the image that would bounce IR, so moving the camper a little off center to the right may still get you that coverage you want, but also then IR the top center and left?

Left Coast Geek

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
that tree/bush is an island in the middle of our driveway.

I want to make a gravel pad for the camper in the field behind the house, but thats going to require some work, and if I do it right, it should have electric + water hookups, and maybe even a sewer line. In our main driveway/parking area, thats about the only place I can park it where it doesn't get a ton of oak pollen rot on top. if I do the gravel pad, I'll probably also do a RV sized carport for it.

Left Coast Geek

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I definitely need more light, this is me walking around in the 'ambient' IR from the driveway camera off to the left, and also a walkway camera to the far right, with some pretty basic camera settings on the IPC-T5442