new camera doesnt detect sd card

sdipcam

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I got a new dahua camera from empire andy on amazon and it's not reading the sd card. It says "no sd card."

According the amazon page it's the Model IPC-T5442T-ZE ( Item Name IPC-T54IR-ZE ) Camera Image Sensor:1/1.8”4Megapixel progressive CMOS Max .
System version is V2.820.15OG004.0.R, Build Date: 2021-07-29

I also bought 3 of these earlier in the year with the same sd card and havent had issues. So right now I have 4 of the same cameras with 4 of the same sd cards ().

I plugged the sd card into a windows machine and it was detected fine. I formatted to efat just to make sure and still it says no sd card. The camera looks to be working fine otherwise. I don't use an nvr.

My next step will be to contact empire andy, but just wanted to see if I am missing something simple.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Ri22o

Known around here
Reaction score
Did it actually click in? I have had a couple cameras that make it seem like the SD card slot is not of the best quality and it took a couple attempts to get it to seat properly.

sdipcam

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Did it actually click in? I have had a couple cameras that make it seem like the SD card slot is not of the best quality and it took a couple attempts to get it to seat properly.
yeah it clicks in fine, same as the other cameras. Clicks to get in and clicks to get out. It can only fit one way so I know thats the right way. I'll try again more gently/carefully but it seems idiot proof....

sdipcam

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
yeah I just tried it several times and the mechanism for seating the sd card seems pretty solid. Once it clicks in, you cant pull it out without pushin in first. There is no leeway left or right. It's like a perfect mechanism as far as I can tell.

sdipcam

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Try another card. I say this because I have a couple of cards that won't work in one camera, but will in another of the same model.
okay i put the new sd card into one of the other cameras and it works. And I got the sd card form that other camera that is working fine and tried in the new camera and it still says no sd card. So the new camera is the problem. Time for me to contact empire andy

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
Guess I've been lucky so far playing memory card roulette. I do like it when good luck strikes.