New Camera New Capture.

khx73

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Geez, those would be decently sized streets if parking wasn't allowed on the curb, or at least not on both sides. But you have cars on both sides. I think it is amazing if that doesn't happen several times a day.
Similar to the city near me.. designed pre-personal vehicle age... now streets are way too narrow for everyone's personal "horseless carriage"
At least here, they allow parking on one side of the street only.. otherwise it would be impassable.

bank

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Image quality is excellent. It looks like a busy junction with the chippy.
Not that it helps much but... he shouldn't have been reversing into a no entry street and the Peugeot's parked illegally anyway. Still helpful that you can give the owner the footage, good spot!

T123456

n3wb
Reaction score
It is 3am here now and dark but can still get the registration numbers from a speeding car,this is on a 2.8mm lens so shows how good this camera really is even @20FPS

View attachment 81231

View attachment 81232
Can I ask what settings you're using? I seem to have quite a bit of noise in mine. Are you using H265? iFrame? What's your exposure? DNR? Any other relevant settings would be appreciated. Thanks

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
I totally agree and this is the 3rd time now I have caught that truck damaging cars in my street and hate to think what other cars have been damaged in his 8hr shift.

I've not really had time to mess with the settings yet so basically default as you can see in the day Pic a little to bright and blown out but I will sort that over the next few days.

The driver needs reporting to the police for failing to stop. As I'm sure you're aware, it's an offence in the UK to fail to stop after an accident and exchange insurance details within 24 hours. He could claim it's obvious its the council that are self insured, however, he still has a duty to stop and inform the owner that it was him who caused the damage, otherwise the owner of the car is unlikely to know who to contact. The lagl duty is clear, stop and exchange basic information then supply insurance details within those 24 hrs.

I'd file a complaint with the police for failure to stop and supply all 3 instances of damage. Yes it's really you're neighbours job, but you have the footage and I'm sure you're neighbour will be grateful for you helping him when it comes time for claiming for repair by providing that footage. Damaging a car is one thing, but not stopping and leaving a note is another and a clear offence. Whilst ever the driver believes he's above the law, he'll drive carelessly and these instances will continue and the council will do nothing. They could have put someone out on the street to watch him around. If it wasn't possible for him to turn, someone could have knocked on your neighbours door and asked him to move the car. They clearly didn't want to because it would slow them down.

Clearly as someone above pointed out, that lorry is too large for those streets, and the council needs to purchase another smaller one for your area.

Last edited:

bank

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I had a similar incident a couple of years ago, the police did pursue the driver for failing to stop, he was fined £600 plus 6 points on his licence. (12 points = Ban).

fixxxer0

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
what model hik is this?

Dur sorry....covid brain. Hikvision 8MP AcuSense ColorVu DS-2CD2087G2-LU

Last edited: