New Camera not using allotted storage space

pnyxxpress

n3wb
Reaction score
I recently added new Hikvision camera to my system. All the cameras are recording to a network storage using NFS. This new camera, a model number I have not encountered before, HES328-MB is giving problems. It will record to the NAS but it will only use 10% of the allocated space. I've tried several attempts of reformatting but nothing works. It does not seem to be an issue with the NAS. I can swap another camera to the that share and the older camera use all the the allotted space.
The Firmware

SpacemanSpiff

Known around here
Reaction score
Did you purchase the camera from an authorized hik re-seller?

The space allocation issue, I would think, is a NAS configuration issue. Can you test this using another camera attached to the same NAS?

pnyxxpress

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes it was an authorized reseller. Yes, as mention in the the OP. Other Hik Cameras write to the share and use all the space allocated. Thanks

SpacemanSpiff

Known around here
Reaction score
Is the following image an accurate depiction of the cam (sans the ebay crap)
1668535974447.png

SpacemanSpiff

Known around here
Reaction score
Authorized reseller and authorized OEM vendor are not the same. Authorized reseller will provide a genuine hik factory product, you'll be covered by the manufacturer's warranty, and will benefit from any firmware updates they release, etc. Authorized OEM vendor sources hardware from hik, along with hik's blessing to write their own firmware & possibly put their own branding on it. Hawk Eye Surveillance started with DS-2CD2085FWD-I hardware, and modified it to become their own HES328-MB model. Any support or warranty is from the OEM, not from hik.

Are you able to review the HES328-MB manual for additional insight?

pnyxxpress

n3wb
Reaction score
Interesting, the manual that came with the HES camera was the exact same as the manual for the DS-2CD cameras in the snipet. All were bought from the same retailer. I emailed the retailer. No response of course.