New Cameras not appearing in console window

Reaction score
First the ground details:

BlueIris release 4.3.0.6 x64
Registered license - not demo version

I have had BlueIris running fine and as of 5/9 I was able to add additional cameras and have them appear in the console...

I currently have 3 camera in BlueIris - 2 in one city and 1 in another city over TWC ELAN. When I launch BlueIris Admin program, it want's me to update to 4.3.7.0, but until I figure this out, that is not gonna happen... I see two cameras in the main view and one camera is shown in a desktop frame - sidenote - how do I get that to appear in the main console by default? I right click the camera, uncheck the 'Open in desktop frame' and it will go back into the main console, but when I close and open it up, the same issue happens... Can anyone say annoying!

OK, back to the real issue... When I click the 'Add Camera' plus sign in the upper right of the program, a 'New Camera' wizard appears. On top of that, I get the 'Network IP Camera Configuration' window to appear, I put in the IP address, user & password and click the Find/Inspect button. It recognizes the camera and sets the camera as a Foscam FI89xx compatible camera. I click the Close button and notice that the make and model is changed appropriately. I click the OK button to return to the New Camera wizard. I click the General tab and I see that the Name of the camera is 'My Camera 8'. I click the OK button and no new camera appears.

I repeat the 'New Camera' process and when I go back to the General tab, the name of the camera is "my Camera 9'... Repeat again... 'My Camera 10'....

So it appears that the cameras are actually being added, but they are not showing up in the console for me to View or to configure further...

If I reconfigure one of the existing 3 cameras, to the next camera I am trying to add, then I can see that camera without issue...

How can I get my cameras to appear so that I can configure them?

Reaction score
OK, now I know that the cameras are being added as I click the Status button, open the Cameras tab and can see the 'My Camera 5', 'My Camera 6' etc., etc....
BlueIris.PNG

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Look at the little dropdown box below your camera grid. Choose "All cameras" there.

Reaction score
OK, new information here...

I have the cameras configured as follows:
Atlanta Cam - Groups: support;atlanta
Shp640 Cam - Groups: support;greenbay
Rec640 Cam - Groups: support;greenbay

When I access the properties of My Camera 8 from the Status button, I add this camera to the 'support' group and then this camera now appears in the console. So now I have four cameras (My Camera 8, Atlanta Cam, Shp640 Cam & Rec640 Cam), but I can only access properties for three of them (My Camera 8, Shp640 Cam & Rec640 Cam)... When I right click on the Atlanta Cam, the only options I get are these:

BlueIris2.PNG

Where when I right click on any of the others, I get this list:

BlueIris3.PNG

So, now my assumption is that the only reason I am these three is this selector the shows 'support' in the drop-down list:

BlueIris1.PNG

So I click the drop-down arrow, but there is nothing else shown in this list...

How do I get the program to show all cameras regardless of Grouping AND have all the properties to be available?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
The shorter context menu is what I get if I right click a blank space between cameras. Try restarting Blue Iris. (if you run BI as a background service, you need to kill blueiris.exe in task manager)

I have no idea why the dropdown would not show all your camera groups, including All cameras.

I suggest, if restarting BI does not help, then update to the latest version.

If this does not fix the problems, then you will probably need to contact support. http://blueirissoftware.com/contact/

Reaction score
How do I delete camera groups from the camera properties? I know that I can unselect them, but want to get rid of them all together...