New cameras

ludshed

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yet again another product not available with the US distributors. I wish they’d open the market up here with all their other products.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yet again another product not available with the US distributors. I wish they’d open the market up here with all their other products.
Is it that or the US distributors that limit the available options?

I suspect the US distributors buy in bulk to get wholesale prices, so they stay away from the more expensive ones that won't sell as well? Why buy 500 units of a $2000 camera if you only sell 10?

ludshed

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Is it that or the US distributors that limit the available options?

I suspect the US distributors buy in bulk to get wholesale prices, so they stay away from the more expensive ones that won't sell as well? Why buy 500 units of a $2000 camera if you only sell 10?
No, I talked to my dahua reps here directly and they said they have no interest. If you look at Dahua’s site vs the us.dahua site you’ll see everything from alarms to drones are missing.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So the US Dahua reps said they have no interest can be taken two ways - is it meaning the US Dahua reps have no interest in these other cameras or the US Dahua reps have asked Dahua corporate and Dahua corporate has no interest in providing these other items to US Dahua reps?

ludshed

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
So the US Dahua reps said they have no interest can be taken two ways - is it meaning the US Dahua reps have no interest in these other cameras or the US Dahua reps have asked Dahua corporate and Dahua corporate has no interest in providing these other items to US Dahua reps?
No idea. I learned decades ago not to look for logic in corporate America or government!

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Sounds like an interesting alternative to a PTZ. Can't imagine them being cheap though with 1 x 1/1.2" and 2 x 1/1.8"sensors.

I'd guess at least $800 given there's 3 largish sensors.

prsmith777

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I looked through all the spec sheets on them. Not sure where the 3 lenses are going. There are only two channels for each camera.

I like the one with the fixed 3.6 mm and 8-56mm zoom. Would be perfect for covering the approaching driveway to get the car and the licenseplate

These arent ANPR cameras. But they would work well with CodeSenseAI ALPR when available.

CORRECTION: There are two 3.6 mm lenses stitched together for 180 degree panorama

wouldnt need that 180 degrees for my application

Last edited:

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Duh I missed this, @prsmith777 and @redfive picked up on it

IPC-MFW7849Y-Z4-T8A

8+8MP Dual-Sight Polarlight Bullet WizMind Network Camera

3 lenses and 2 channels are integrated into the design.
Adopts advanced technologies such as Hyper DoF, Illumination by Area, to achieve full coverage of different speed targets with a larger DoF distance under low illumination.
Flexible remote debugging through the Dual-micro PTZ.
Two channels: Channel 1: 8-MP 1/1.2" CMOS image sensor, low luminance, and high definition image. Channel 2: Dual 4-MP 1/1.8" CMOS image sensors, low luminance, and high definition image.
Outputs max. 8 MP (3840 × 2160)@25/30 fps.
ROI, SMART H.264+/H.265+, flexible coding, applicable to various bandwidth and storage environments.
Multiple intelligent resources switchable: Channel 1: IVS, face recognition, face detection and video metadata. Channel 2: IVS, crowd distribution map and People counting.
Intelligent functions of Channel 1 and Channel 2 can be enabled at the same time. (except Video metadata & Crowd distribution map).
Hyper DoF technology: DoF and iris of the camera can be adjusted separately. With the largest iris, the camera can display the image of large DoF.
Time-Division Exposure technology ensures that when the device is taking multiple snapshots of more than one targets, the quality of the snapshots will not be affected. It can also be used to adjust the brightness, speed and more of targets, to produce high quality snapshots.
> Panoramic splicing: up to 180° panoramic angle meets the requirement of broad scenarios.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Just two sensors. The top ones do say 3 “lenses”.
Unless I'm misreading it, it does say 1 x 1.1.2" sensor and DUAL 1.1.8" sensors on channel 2.

I understood on channel 2 the 2 sensors were combined to make the image which would explain why there are 3 lenses - 3 sensors, a lens each with 2 of the sensors combined to make 1 image. I stand to be corrected though.

Last edited: