New chap here!

Sai

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi All,

I discovered this forum while searching for a surveillance system. I may have a lot of questions.

Basically I am looking for a full system for my house. From what I have read, I have decided to go with IP cameras.
Currently considering:
- 5 bullet cameras for the side walls
- 1 Dome camera for the front
- NAS or NVR (NAS seems a better ithan an NVR)
- Wired PoE
- VPN setup on home router since I want the feed view-able from anywhere
- Cloud backup

Hikvision 3MP seems like a good option. I read that Hikvision USA does not warrant anything not purchased from non-authorized dealers. It looks like there are good sellers on this forum, so I would like to contact them. I have not seen a catalogue here yet.

More to follow.

TIA

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum @Sai. I would definitely check put some of the sellers on here, I personally didn't want the hassle of buying them with the firmware some of them come with from China, but a lot of people here love buying them from AliExpress.

Last edited by a moderator:

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi All,

I discovered this forum while searching for a surveillance system. I may have a lot of questions.

Basically I am looking for a full system for my house. From what I have read, I have decided to go with IP cameras.
Currently considering:
- 5 bullet cameras for the side walls
- 1 Dome camera for the front
- NAS or NVR (NAS seems a better ithan an NVR)
- Wired PoE
- VPN setup on home router since I want the feed view-able from anywhere
- Cloud backup

Hikvision 3MP seems like a good option. I read that Hikvision USA does not warrant anything not purchased from non-authorized dealers. It looks like there are good sellers on this forum, so I would like to contact them. I have not seen a catalogue here yet.

More to follow.

TIA
Don't over think this - what your looking to do you can very easily do with an NVR with intigrated POE and setup remote access via one of the many dns applications included. This will keep you from having to worry about POE routers, VPN, etc.

Welcome to the forum, if you come up with questions we're here to help.