new Chicagoland member

sprucecams

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I joined yesterday and was immediately helped. I have started with Blue Iris and three Hikvision HD cameras and two lower resolution Foscam cameras. So far so good for monitoring. I plan to get into motion detection and recording so I will be watching this forum for that stuff. I am also using the BI Android App. Also so far so good. I would also like to access the BI display on my Samsung SmarTV. Has anyone done this? The TV is connected (wired) to my LAN, but do I use a browser, or is there an App, or ? Many thanks.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. I doubt the tv's browser will work but you can try. Alternatively many are just using android mini pc's, or even and old android phone....You best bet is with a mini pc that has wired ethernet since you have a wired connection available. If you blue iris pc is nearby and it has dual displays capability you can just clone the display and run hdmi to the tv...

sprucecams

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I found a thread where some are getting a browser to work, but I like the HDMI suggestion. My PC running BI is downstairs but I can run HDMI over a Cat 5e cable this could work. Thanks.