New Chinese Hikvision cams. 5mp, Turret with microphone and SD, indoor ptz

spixel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
http://www1.hikvision.com/cn/prgs.aspx?c_kind=2&c_kind2=114&c_kind3=129&c_kind4=1204&id=10790

New turret design with micrphone and sd, available in 2mp,3mp,4mp,5mp http://www1.hikvision.com/cn/prgs.aspx?c_kind=2&c_kind2=114&c_kind3=129&c_kind4=1204&id=10804

Indoor mini pt(no zoom) http://www1.hikvision.com/cn/prgs.aspx?c_kind=2&c_kind2=114&c_kind3=129&c_kind4=1204&id=10817

On a side note, don't think the 2xx5 cameras come with a metal bracket anymore but plastic like the 3xx5, I got a ds-2325-i with plastic bracket. Also could someone tell me how to change the password on the camera? It came preactivated but want to change it to same password as my recorder.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
These are the old-style 5MP sensors. I've got a non-Hikvision one. It's fine if used with other cameras but it's not the same as the new 5MP cameras.

spixel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
These are the old-style 5MP sensors. I've got a non-Hikvision one. It's fine if used with other cameras but it's not the same as the new 5MP cameras.
What do you mean by old style? I highly doubt its the same sensor used in your camera, there's many different 5mp sensors, this is likely a recent one, just not the imx178.

Possibly the OV5658 since they're using the OV4689 in their recent 4mp's. Another camera with this sensor http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/DJ-IPC-HD9503SAR-POE-Small-Bullet-Outdoor-waterproof-P2P-ONVIF-Audio-Real-Time-Ambarella-5MP-5/815381_32509012859.html

Last edited by a moderator:

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
What do you mean by old style? I highly doubt its the same sensor used in your camera, there's many different 5mp sensors, this is likely a recent one, just not the imx178.

Possibly the OV5658 since they're using the OV4689 in their recent 4mp's. Another camera with this sensor http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/DJ-IPC-HD9503SAR-POE-Small-Bullet-Outdoor-waterproof-P2P-ONVIF-Audio-Real-Time-Ambarella-5MP-5/815381_32509012859.html https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6I8RJfI9JQ
I mean the old 5MP cameras that many other manufacturers made.

You highly doubt it based off no facts and no knowledge of what I have... ok... go get one. And there's not so many 5MP sensors for IP cameras. This isn't going to be the IMX178, OV5658 or OV4689. The aliexpress camera you have linked to is OV5658, just because it says 5MP doesn't mean it's the same sensor as the Hikvision one. (quick tip, the rest of the specs are completely different)

" I've got a non-Hikvision one" is what I'm basing my knowledge on but knock yourself out and get a Hikvision 5MP Chinese one and disappoint yourself.

BTW, my old one has almost the exact same specs.

spixel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I mean the old 5MP cameras that many other manufacturers made.

You highly doubt it based off no facts and no knowledge of what I have... ok... go get one. And there's not so many 5MP sensors for IP cameras. This isn't going to be the IMX178, OV5658 or OV4689. The aliexpress camera you have linked to is OV5658, just because it says 5MP doesn't mean it's the same sensor as the Hikvision one. (quick tip, the rest of the specs are completely different)

" I've got a non-Hikvision one" is what I'm basing my knowledge on but knock yourself out and get a Hikvision 5MP Chinese one and disappoint yourself.

BTW, my old one has almost the exact same specs.
There's no way Hikvision would release an 'old' 5mp. Those sensors are probably not even manufactured anymore. Someone posted proof on this forum that their 4mp Chinese 3345 camera was using OV4689 so that makes it more likely to be the 5mp OV sensor than some mysterious unnamed 5mp that you have >_> since it proves Hikvision are actively purchashing sensors from Omnivision.

How are the rest of the spec different? Besides the resolution, the rest of the spec can be different based on lens, processor and varying testing methods between manufacturers.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
FPS, mine are low FPS at 5MP too.

Yes 4mp ones are OV4689. We don't even know these are just release. Hikvision Chinese models will be made far cheaper than ones for International sale, hence plastic bases etc.

There's no way... it's that absolute is it. When I say old I mean a year old, not 1999. Pretty sure my sensor is MT9P031 or similar.

Like I said, knock yourself out. Was trying to stop you buying something which isn't that good but you can only lead a horse to water.

spixel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
FPS, mine are low FPS at 5MP too.

Yes 4mp ones are OV4689. We don't even know these are just release. Hikvision Chinese models will be made far cheaper than ones for International sale, hence plastic bases etc.

There's no way... it's that absolute is it. When I say old I mean a year old, not 1999. Pretty sure my sensor is MT9P031 or similar.

Like I said, knock yourself out. Was trying to stop you buying something which isn't that good but you can only lead a horse to water.

Honestly, you have no reason to believe this is an old 5mp camera, don't get it. I never expressed interest in buying this camera nor stated with fact that it is a certain sensor. You came right out speaking like you know for certain it is an old 5mp sensor, so you buy it :)

Hikvision have 2 ranges of their basic cameras in China, consumer and distribution. Beginning with 3xxx for consumers and 2xxx for the other. The 2xxx are more expensive and tend to have metal bases, have seen some aliexpress sellers advertising this with them. The 5mp is only in this range, unlike the 3mp,4mp etc

I can only find the price for the 5mp turret with a handful of sellers and it's around $110, compared to around $60 for the equivalent 4mp so it's not a cheap camera by hikvision standards.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Actually I think it's a 9P006 but I'm pretty sure it's the same sensor.

It's great as a door camera. But has no substream is the big problem and is only 12.5fps.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Happy to be wrong but 12.5fps and 5MP makes me think I'm not. But I guess we are going to have to wait until someone gets one. And if it is OV5658 but the same fps then it's not better than the Aptina option anyway, the OV4689 isn't exactly amazing at low-light.

It does say H.265 though and mine doesn't. Hmmmm....

spixel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Actually I think it's a 9P006 but I'm pretty sure it's the same sensor.

It's great as a door camera. But has no substream is the big problem and is only 12.5fps.
That sensor is 1/2.5", not 1/3" of the Hikvision? The fps means nothing, the OV 5mp is capable of up to 30fps but of course it could be restricted for many reasons.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Going to leave you with these two thoughts.

Dongjia OV5658 is 16:9, Dongjia 9P006 is 4:3 - so is Hikvision 5MP
Dongjia OV5658 is 25fps, Donjia 9P006 is 10fps - Hikvision 5MP is 12.5fps... hmmmmm....

And that's me out because it's obviously OV5658.

spixel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
Keep in mind you're prob. not going to see anything "NEW" right now. ISC West is just around the corner in April which is where "new" things will be shown if they are being released.