New ColorVu cameras

coney27

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
This is the only reference to PTZ on the web GUI under live view (Ptz 1 pic). Nothing appears in the configuration tab (Ptz 2 pic)
Seems odd that the PTZ option isnt shown under the config tab in the web gui. I unfortunately cannot access my home server right now so I cant try and duplicate your error.
This video might help you just incase your missing something.

cb8

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I havent had any free time to fool around with the white out effect brought on by the internal led. I am satisfied with the day time picture. Nighttime not so much. I expected the camera to produce clearer color pictures at a distance which I seem not to be getting. Up close, within 20 to 30 ft the camera is sharp. Futher than 30 ft at night, in complete darkness the camera seems to be usless. I still would like to test the camera more comprehensively by changing settings but as I said before I'm pretty busy at the moment. I also use the camera in conjunction with flood lights so it gets the job done for me. Otherwise in complete darkness it's just ok, not great.

If I find some free time I'll post more of my findings. Otherwise this video seems to be a decent judge of the cameras capabilities in ambient light situations.ColorVu test
What you're seeing is the result of the inverse square law. Your camera and light sources are about the same distance from the subject and the camera sets its exposure based on the bright areas, but in reality, at 20 feet the brightness is only 1/4th of what it is at 10 feet, and at 40 feet it's 1/16th. If you were to pull your light source 200 feet back and increase its intensity you should see more even results, but of course that's not really a workable solution :) Besides adding additional lighting closer to the road,you could try to play with WDR to increase the dynamic range since your exposure up front is very good. Of course none of these options will help with the pixel density as you get further away from your house.

Badger1966

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi. I have an DS-2DE4A225IW-DE and I can not for love nor money figure out how to get the smart tracking to work. Manual says "Enter the Smart Tracking settings interface: Configuration > PTZ > Smart Tracking" but for me that does not exist. I go into configuration and the PTZ option is not there. It's doing my head in. Any help would be super appreciated.

Thank you
Well hello all :)

After much research I have found a solution to my problem. I found the answer in a youtube video... And now smart tracking is very much working! And attached a file which gives all the info you could ever need on all the options in setting 95

Sorry no one here could come up with a solution, but I hope my find helps other people :)

Attachments

larryhagman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Great thread. I nearly went for a Colorvu but think I will stick with Darkfighter. Colour is cool, when it works and when the target is lit sufficiently, but I think the darkfighter has better detail so will stick with that. It was a close call though and I will try out a Colorvu if I get some spare funmoney :D. Useful thread, thanks to all

MadamImAdam

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I nearly went for a Colorvu but think I will stick with Darkfighter.
I thought Colorvu used Darkfighter lenses/tech?
What model Darkfighter are you considering?

I use my Darkfighter DS-2DE4A204 in 'day mode' for what is essentially colorvu style images at night.

coney27

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I thought Colorvu used Darkfighter lenses/tech?
What model Darkfighter are you considering?

I use my Darkfighter DS-2DE4A204 in 'day mode' for what is essentially colorvu style images at night.
The only similarities are that some of the Darkfighters use the 1/1.8" sensor which the ColorVues use.

erieadams

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Here are three quick videos I was able to capture tonight after sunset in complete darkness. First video is with floodlights on. Second video is in complete darkness. And third video is in complete darkness with the camera's LED light on. Just a fyi the entrance of my driveway is 80ft away from the camera.

Think I have watched everyone of your videos last few weeks on youtube lol

coney27

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Think I have watched everyone of your videos last few weeks on youtube lol
Thanks! I'll be uploading a new one in a few days for a new dark fighter turret with active deterrance.