New Cpu set up

Reaction score
Good Day,

A few years back I set up blue iris for my self on a cpu with windows 10. I remember there being a wiki or forum for step by step set up of windows. Such as, do this to the firewall, do this to the network. There was more to it but I hope you get the idea. I found a bunch of other wiki's but nothing like I read before.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
First, I'd suggest a PC that meets these minimum requirements ==>> Choosing Hardware for Blue Iris

Using the Windows Media Creation Tool and a 16GB USB flash drive, perform a fresh install of Windows on the server. ==>> Create installation media for Windows
When installing Windows on the BI server, set up Local Account, not a Microsoft Account, as ==>> here.

Put Windows, the BI program and BI's "db" folder on a quality name brand SSD (I prefer Samsung) of at least 240GB size.

Send all BI video clips to a 3.5" surveillance-rated, spinning HDD such as a WD Purple or Seagate SkyHawk.

Then, optimize BI's performance as here ==>> Optimizing Blue Iris' CPU Usage

Don't forget to set up sub streams also ==>> Sub Stream Guide

Follow these recommendations for BI's video clip storage allocations ==>> @SouthernYankee 's Standard Allocation Post

Consider a dual NIC schema on the BI server to keep the cams off the Internet ==>> Dual NIC setup on your Blue Iris Machine
See example schema at bottom.

Set up a VPN on a qualifying router ==>> OpenVPN on a Asus router

Network Topology 2NICs.JPG

Last edited: