New Dahua Camera Setup

Inigo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I am finally ready to get an NVR and cameras, and the new 2mp Dahua cameras look to be a good price/performance point, although there is a fair amount of lighting where I live, so not sure if the Starlight is worth the cost increase. Any recommendations on the following proposed installation? (an image of the proposed layout is attached)

- A mixture of IPC-HFW4231S 2 Mp Starlight mini bullet 3.6 mm lens and IPC-HFW4231S 2 Mp Starlight mini bullet 6 mm lens for perimeter surveillance. I am also considering saving some money by using the IPC-HFW1220S 2 Mp mini bullet 3.6 mm lens for the three cameras between my house and the neighbors, as we already have motion sensing lights in this area.

- An IPC-HDBW4231F-AS 2 Mp Starlight mini wedge dome 6 mm lens (built-in mike) at 5' up on the side wall adjacent to the front door for face shots. The spot where the camera will mount is in a deep porch, where the camera won't be exposed to water or sun. (One of the IPC-HFW4231S will point back at the front door to keep an eye on packages, etc.)

- A couple of IPC-HDW5231R-Z 2 Mp Starlight turret varifocal 2.7-12 for monitoring the sidewalk/street/alleyway/mailbox.

There is a streetlight across the street from our alley in line with where the IPC-HDW5231R-Z 2 Mp Starlight turrets will be pointed, so those camera will be battling a back-lit scene at night.

Finally, any recommendations on a POE switch?

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks

Attachments