New Dahua cams ?

smoothie

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Be aware that those distance numbers Dahua states are far in excess of the PoE standard. They are calling it ePoE. This is not an industry standard and may well be proprietary to Dahua, not a bad thing in and of itself but you may find that you would be forced to buy on Dahua networking gear to achieve those numbers. This will savagely curtail your available choices in equipment for any future expansion. I don't know what Dahua charges for a PoE switch but that is what you would have to pay if you went beyond the standard 100m of PoE.

Food for thought

Crazykiller

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Be aware that those distance numbers Dahua states are far in excess of the PoE standard. They are calling it ePoE. This is not an industry standard and may well be proprietary to Dahua, not a bad thing in and of itself but you may find that you would be forced to buy on Dahua networking gear to achieve those numbers. This will savagely curtail your available choices in equipment for any future expansion. I don't know what Dahua charges for a PoE switch but that is what you would have to pay if you went beyond the standard 100m of PoE.

Food for thought
Yep, that's not wrong, but if you want all features supported by your NVR, you are going to get one from the same brand as your cams. And the new NVR models, coming in autumn, will support the ePoE if you get one with internal PoE ports. So for me it would be an add on… but I think I won't have that distances at all. I don't live on a farm or an airport

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
IPC-HFW5231E-Z12E   2017-8-21
IPC-HDW4231EM-ASE   2017-8-18
IPC-HFW5231E-Z5E   2017-8-16
IPC-HDW5831R-ZE   2017-8-22
IPC-HDW5231R-ZE ready date 2017-8-27

Lol, booked these cams, get some samples i will invite some guys to do the testing who do contribution for help our members here. lol....

Do you have ball park pricing on these new cameras yet?

Reaction score

DV8

n3wb
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the IPC-HDW5831R-ZE supports 1080p60? I checked the manual but it is not clear.

Also based on the minimum illumination specs, I assume the IPC-HDW5831R-ZE will not perform as well in non-IR low light compared to the IPC-HDW5231R-ZE. Is this correct?

Last edited:

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Cant say I know with 100% certainty, but I dont see anything on the specs to make me think it supports more than 30fps for any resolution

The 2MP will outperform the 8MP version in low light conditions.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Do you have ball park pricing on these new cameras yet?
Price just slightly more expensive than the old models and still need time to make the product perfect i think. We can see most new cams testing here within this month. And the bulk stock still be a big problem like the IPC-HDW5231R-Z.

Andy

SAVideoman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I wish Dahua would come out with a Starlight recessed mini dome camera like this HikVision DS-2CD2E20F:

SAVideoman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well that's almost exactly what I'm looking for. It's only missing built in IR which I need for my indoor home installation. Looks like I'll have to stick with the slightly more obtrusive Dahua IPC-HDBW4231F-AS which is almost the same except it does include IR. Thank you for showing that to me! Maybe I'll find another use for it.

Last edited:

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Holy Macro! not for us :D move along now, nothing to see here, lol
Probably best for large-scale commercial properties with large security presence in mind

Yep that one has been out for a few months. yet to see a price, but I think I heard something around $1200