New Dahua PTZ will stop working after X amount of movements

Speed666

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I warn You about new Dahua PTZ cams. For me:
DH-SD49425XB-HNR
The camera will stop Tour operation or autoPan after X amount of movement cycles. It will then go into Disabled mode and only manual movement will work.
On the screen i see "Camera locked" and Tour Disabled. Few days before it showed OSD messages about warning for PTZ movement wear protection.
So - take care when you buy new cams - they can suddenly stop moving and hard reset wont help.
Investigating further.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes, it is somewhat known around here that the PTZ cameras are rated for so many "cycles" and will become disabled when that life cycle is reached.

I do not use tour or auto pan for that reason and instead rely on spotter cams to point my PTZ to where the action is and then let the PTZ start it's autotrack.

You can talk to the vendor you purchased from and they may be able to overrride it.

Speed666

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes, it is somewhat known around here that the PTZ cameras are rated for so many "cycles" and will become disabled when that life cycle is reached.

I do not use tour or auto pan for that reason and instead rely on spotter cams to point my PTZ to where the action is and then let the PTZ start it's autotrack.

You can talk to the vendor you purchased from and they may be able to overrride it.
I will disable this by myself :)

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
There's a saying, never buy offshore goods when they come with moving parts inside ;) Only exception are the Varifocal cameras since they essentially follow the set and forget mantra

Speed666

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Disabled. And camera looks like factory one. All reseted to 0. Via SSH.

Ryushin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Disabled. And camera looks like factory one. All reseted to 0. Via SSH.
Would it be possible to provide some kind of instructions or insight on what you did to reset the counter. I have a SD49425XA-HNR that is PTZ Locked and I need to reset the counters to get the camera working again.